What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking plants, Keith. Is that a psychopsis orchid in the mix?

That Aponi is really nice. Didn't think a plant with that sort of parentage would turn out that nice. Does that peristome fold back more, or stay just like that?

Great looking plants, Keith. Is that a psychopsis orchid in the mix?

Glen, Thanks for the kind words; they mean a lot coming from you. As for the orchid, I must admit I don't really know what they are.... Just a couple that I picked up because I like there looks...

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

That Aponi is really nice. Didn't think a plant with that sort of parentage would turn out that nice. Does that peristome fold back more, or stay just like that?

Mass, the Aponi is quickly becoming a favorite... The peristome stays pretty much like you see it, unlike several others that start out nice and wide and then fold up.

Nice collection! Your N sibuyanensis x maxima and spectabilis x tobaica are soo amazing :drool:

Thanks Tom! The sibuyanensis x maxima just keeps getting better with time.....

Love all those Leilani Hybrids! You must spend hours upon hours in that shade house (I know I would). I wonder if your unidentified N. Poi Dog could be maxima x stenophylla?? Just a guess.

Iceman - yes, I do have an affinity for Leilani hybrids.... Just cant' get enough. As for time in the shade house, I spend as much time as I can without alienating my wife.... Sometimes a delicate balance

I like that Aponi also. Never seen that one before, very nice.

I had a little time this morning and snapped some pictures of thing that caught my eye… I hope you enjoy them.

N sanguinea Orange
DSC06874.jpg

N x sheridaniana ventricosa x (anamensis x maxima)
DSC06896.jpg

DSC06898.jpg

N sibuyanensis x truncata squat
DSC06893.jpg

N ampullaria
DSC06889.jpg

N x splendiana xx mixta
DSC06886.jpg

N x weigneri mirabilis x (rafflesiana x ampullaria)
DSC06878.jpg

N alata x khasiana Look at the nectar….
DSC06872.jpg

N Viking x tiger
DSC06870.jpg

N x Miranda basal pitchers “Baby Hughie”
DSC06864.jpg

DSC06867.jpg

N truncata seedlings….
DSC06861.jpg

New N izumeae x maxima
DSC06858.jpg

DSC06860.jpg

Miscellaneous:
DSC06887.jpg

DSC06885.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06880.jpg

DSC06879.jpg

Love the N sibuyanensis x truncata squat.

My N. xSplendiana x xMixta looks very similar. A very good cross.

Zu - thanks for the info on Pandora; I hadn't seen it before. I really like the colors...

I would love to raid Sam's greenhouse, but since he is on the Big Island and I am on Oahu logistics could be a problem :0)

I keep saying I am going to go over for a visit, but it keeps getting pushed back...

Awesome! Did you know that Sam Estes has weigneri crossed with male spectabilis? It's called N. Pandora - here's a shot of one of the pitchers mine came with.. it hasn't made any more yet because acclimating to San Diego is rough for them: http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thez_yo/orchids and cps/P1210008.jpg

You should go raid his greenhouse :p

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Damon - I really like the N sibuyanensis x truncata squat too. This is the first pitcher it has put on in my care and I am really happy with it. It is going to be a monster....

Your neps are so amazing, I love this thread!! :laaa:
Oooh, thats a milt orchid, right?
And those succulents are :drool: too!

Your neps are so amazing, I love this thread!! :laaa:
Oooh, thats a milt orchid, right?
And those succulents are :drool: too!

Thanks for your kind words. As for the orchid, I have to admit that I really don't know much about it. I picked it up at a farmer's market a couple weeks back because it was small, cheap, and my wife likes it...

Here are a few pictures I took this morning.... I hope you like them

N truncata x ventricosa
DSC06906.jpg

DSC06907.jpg

N bicalcarata
DSC06909.jpg

N eymae x veitchii
DSC06918.jpg

N x black grabilis and his big buddy N truncata
DSC06919.jpg

N truncata x (spathulata x truncata)
DSC06921.jpg

N x Red Leopard upper
DSC06928.jpg

N x merrilliata
DSC06931.jpg

N khasiana x alata
DSC06937.jpg

N spectabilis x tobaica
DSC06939.jpg

N tobaica x talangensis
DSC06943.jpg

N x St Pacificus
DSC06945.jpg

N x Red Dragon back from the dead. I thought I had lost him during a business trip last summer, but like the phoenix…
DSC06950.jpg

N x rufescens, you can’t see it in the picture, but this picture has the texture of velvet, kind of hair, not smooth like most other pitchers
DSC06952.jpg

And for something completely different: This is how our Dachshunds Ellie (about to fall in) and Achoo (don’t blame me, my daughter named him) passed the time while I worked on my plants…..
DSC06924.jpg

haha cute dogs love the name and great plants....

Simply incredible specimens :love:

Thanks for all the kind words. I will keep the pictures coming.....

Wow.. to everything, and especially spectabilis x tobaica :drool:

Back