What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

great update Keith,strange because i was wondering why i had not seen any of your updates,glad all is well

Great looking plants Keith ! I especially like the faizaliana and fusca. Nepenthes alata "boschiana mimic" has been reclassified as Nepenthes graciliflora. Good thing too because "boschinana mimic" made no sense. I never saw even the slightest resemblance to N.boschiana in that plant.

Thanks for the info, looks like I will have to update my records / tag.

Wonderful stuff, Keith! Thanks for the tour. :)
FYI, the cutting of Splendiana X Mixta you sent me many months ago is doing beautifully and is turning out to be one of my favorites. It has such a unique rusty red pitcher coloring! Love it.

Good to see you,
Paul

Glad to hear it is doing well for you Paul. It is certainly one of my favorites. I recently lost my parent plant, but lucky had taken a cutting that is doing very well. I love the vivid colors!

Good afternoon everyone! I sure miss getting to the forums, but have been busy with night school and rarely have time… President’s Day gave me a bit of a break so I finally get to work on my plants a bit and snap a few pictures. It was overcast so the colors are a bit flat, but they are doing very well given the limited time I have to care for them.

Of course I couldn’t have don’t it without the help of Ellie (black and tan) and Peanut (cream).

N x Trallians - (spectabilis x tobaica) x mira

N x 'Mata Hari' - (Splendiana x ventricosa)

N ventricosa x glandulifera

N spectabilis x talangensis

N boschiana

N pectinata Purple x truncata

N lowii x campanulata

N. singalana X (ventricosa X sibuyanesis)

N x gaya 'Buddha'

N veitchii xx tiveyi

N x splendiana x ? (maxima, or x rokko, or spec x veichii)

N densiflora x truncata

N x Briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato'

N tentaculata 'Murud'

N x Song of Melancholy

N adrianii

N x Whisper - (veitchii xx Tiveyi) x (eymae x veitchii)

N x Anubis - spathulata (thorelii x densiflora)

N x Riddler - spathulata x (veitchii xx tiveyi)

N x Clarabell - (clipeata x ventricosa) x Leessii

N x ali’i - (kampotiana x maxima) x sanguine

N x splendiana xx mixta

N spectabilis (Sinabung) x truncata

N clipeata x eymae

N hirsuta

N benstonei

N eymae x ephippiata

N albomarginata – Red

N truncata x veitchii

N ventricosa x ephippiata

N hamata

N Puna - maxima x (tobaica x talangensis)

N sanguinea "blood red"

So many great plants Keith. How big is the hybrid I sent you now? Betting its a monster.

Amazing as usual! They're all great but I love the N. clipeata x eymae and SOM. They look very happy.

How are you growing highlands like hamata and lowlands like bicalcarata in the same space? I must know your secrets! ;)

So many great plants Keith. How big is the hybrid I sent you now? Betting its a monster.

Thanks for the kind words.

That hybrid is about 4' tall now. I will have to try to post some pictures.

Amazing as usual! They're all great but I love the N. clipeata x eymae and SOM. They look very happy.

How are you growing highlands like hamata and lowlands like bicalcarata in the same space? I must know your secrets! ;)

Michelle, I really like the shape and color of the clipeata x eymae. I have a basal if you are interested....

As for the highlanders and lowlanders growing together, your guess is as good as mine.... The lowlanders don't like our chilly weather this time of year and the highlanders don't like the heat of summer, but I guess my conditions are close enough to intermediate that is all averages out over time. These plants are a lot tougher than we sometimes give them credit for.

Michelle, I really like the shape and color of the clipeata x eymae. I have a basal if you are interested....

As for the highlanders and lowlanders growing together, your guess is as good as mine.... The lowlanders don't like our chilly weather this time of year and the highlanders don't like the heat of summer, but I guess my conditions are close enough to intermediate that is all averages out over time. These plants are a lot tougher than we sometimes give them credit for.

I'd be very interested in a basal if you're willing to part with it :). I still have a couple of plants set aside for you as well (still interested in N 'Regan'?). We should meet up sometime.

That makes more sense that your conditions are intermediate. I keep forgetting it can get cooler where you are :)
Great growing on that hamata! I'm still not brave enough to take a plunge on that one!

Michelle,

I will set aside the clipeata x eymae basal for you. I also have several rooted cuttings that you are welcome to look through. I agree, it is past due for a get together. Or just getting together to talk plants. I would like to see your set up in person.... I work a crazy schedule now, but usually have at least one weekend day off. Let me know when you have some time and I am sure we can work something out.

Awesome! I'd love for you to come over some time. I'll PM you.

I got a chance to take a couple of pictures today. I hope you like them…

N spectabilis x talangensis

N maxima x alata

N x gothica [sibuyanensis x maxima]

N alata Pink

N khasiana xx Dreamy Koto

N mirabilis x alata

N alata x khashiana

N maxima x talangensis

N ventricosa x glandulifera

N x Sunset [(spathulata x spectabilis) x (albomarginata x eustachya)]

N veitchii x platychila

N veitchii x lowii

N sibuyanensis x burkeii

N inermis x singalata

N ventricosa x pectinata

N spectabilis (Sinabung) x truncata

Awesome update per usual! :)

Is the N. veitchii x lowii from EP?
The spectabilis x truncata has some great color too. About how big is the pitcher?

Beautiful nepenthes!

Michelle,

The veitchii x lowii is from Wistuba via Tony. Both of these pitchers are about 5".

Awesome update per usual! :)

Is the N. veitchii x lowii from EP?
The spectabilis x truncata has some great color too. About how big is the pitcher?

That alata x khasiana looks pretty shiny. I like it!

I really like the shape that khasiana brings to the party....

Yeah actually - too bad there aren't more crosses with it. I'll do my part once one of these days khasi x viking blooms and make more mutt babies :D

Mutts are often the best kind....

You never know what you will end up with.

Back