What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: June 2011

Hey now that is a nifty cross! It deserves a more complete picture. ;)

Thanks guys. :) Yup, this cross is a seed-grown hybrid from BE. They used the Giant form of N. spectabilis though.

N. Judith finn lower pitcher

ztsvh3.jpg

Not such a fancy species, but I only have a few neps so every pitcher is special.

what pitcher are you enering??? from the first pic looks like the one on the right?

Finally! Had this baby for about a year now, it flowered, then pouted. Finally a pitcher! Well worth the wait.

N. xPredator (upper pitcher)
predatoru.jpg

predator2g.jpg

Last edited:
N. (lowii x veitchii) x boschiana - putting out a basal :) all I need now is for it to flower...

IMG_2370.jpg

what pitcher are you enering??? from the first pic looks like the one on the right?

Yeah it's the one on the right. Sorry, this was just in response to Dex's comment. :D My original entry was just a photo of the pitcher.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

@Dashman: That 'Predator' is suweeeeet! I like the all-green look with the veiny pitcher. I'm still waiting to see the first pitcher on mine...

N. truncata "pasian"

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

N.ovata "pangulabao"

Novata_6-21-11.jpg

The competition this month is STIFF!

You may have seen it before, but here it is again:

Nepenthes spectabilis x talangensis
with side tendril placement.

DSCN6089.jpg

DSCN6090.jpg

I love it when you play with us little people Jeremiah! Personally, it's makes me strive to work harder to grow nicer things.
Gorgeous ephippita. Again, giving me something to look forward to with mine. Question, are the peristomes always that dark? On the pics I've seen it's usually more lighter in color with lots of stripes.

Oh yeah it is definitely that dark, probably looks even darker in person but the camera does not seem to want to take a photo of something black so it brings out a little more of the color.

-Jeremiah-

Thats is a Wistuba clone that I grow. I don't know if it is different plant then mine as most my Nepenthes seem darker then average under this intense Colorado sun.

-Jeremiah-

Back