What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes hamata: 2011 seedlings . . .

Here are a few seedlings which germinated in mid-January. They were planted in a compost of milled sphagnum and rinsed quartz -- horticultural -- sand. I've attempted live moss and every conceivable Nepenthes mix but have returned to this old stalwart . . .

Nepenthes hamata (Katopasa/Lumut): 06.2011

HAMATA--0211.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, interesting area of the "pot" for them to decide to sprout up. Should be a fairly nervous repotting when time comes

Nepenthes101 had recommended me just pure milled sphagnum as media, and I was lucky enough to have quite a few seeds germinate my first try out.

Congrats, interesting area of the "pot" for them to decide to sprout up. Should be a fairly nervous repotting when time comes

Nepenthes101 had recommended me just pure milled sphagnum as media, and I was lucky enough to have quite a few seeds germinate my first try out.

Congratulations in your seed as well. They sprouted in a number of other "wells" in the germination tray as well; and I usually don't replant them for several months -- up to a year. It is a simple task then . . .

wow!! Congratulations. Man!! Its beyond me where you guys manage to get these seed. lol...Its just insane...hamata seed. wow!!

wow!! Congratulations. Man!! Its beyond me where you guys manage to get these seed. lol...Its just insane...hamata seed. wow!!

I'm waiting for him to break out the seedgrown eddies. ;)

lol! I am waiting for someone to break out hurrelliana and klossii seedlings. lol! Damn!! Now that would be the pass to the cult of CP growing: Rarest of the rare CPs EVER!! Oh yeah...lol..eddies are right up there too. ;)

Thanks all. It definitely helps to have friends in the "stickier" parts of the world . . .

Back