What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Red Nepenthes?

Good morning everyone!

The other day I was looking at my beast of N. x 'Miranda' and I was noticing how really red the leaves are. I mean, they are REALLY freakin' red! So let me pose a question to everyone here, what is the Nepenthes with the reddest leaves? (Not pitchers, so, I guess, technically, the reddest petiole, but you know what I mean). I would love it if others posted pictures of plants they have in their collection that might be in the running for this title, but if you know of another species/hybrid that is very red, and dont grow it, please mention it.

Anyway, here is my candidate, Nepenthes x 'Miranda,' grown in nearly full sun in my veggie garden.

P6081024.jpg

The last leaf:
P6081025.jpg

The newest leaf:
P6081026.jpg

Thank you everyone!

N. burbidgeae and N. albomarginata from Genung Jerai seem to have the reddest leaves i've ever seen.

I believe SirKris has a super red leafed albo to share??

The Borneo Exotics seedgrown N.hamatas get red leaves:
P6070004.jpg

as do their TC clone N.ovatas (top center... N.bongso MT is lower right)
P5250016.jpg

as does N.mikei (upper right)
P5230066.jpg

Andreas Wistuba's tentaculata the cheapest one gets red leaves too
P5230047.jpg

and I have a couple others I can get shots of tonight including the N.bongso from Malesiana Tropicals, and a seed grown Nepenthes campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis).

Check out these
I'd have to say Jeremiah Harris's N. longifolia
Even the growth tip is red.
N_long12.jpg

N.burbidgeae

Nburb_12-3-10.jpg

Exo, your burbidgeae looks like its a similar red to my N. x 'Miranda.' N. burbidgeae is fast becoming one of my favorite plants, though mine is still recovering from shipping/repotting.

And D musicpula, that is absolutely out of this world!!

my burb from 'Pig Hill' IIRC sometimes it looks more bronze than red....only pic i have of the leaves and its prolly 8 months old or so.....
IMG_0879.jpg

Here's the others:
N.campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) which is a more purple-red
P6080019.jpg

N.bongso Malesiana clone .. more dark orange-red
P6080020.jpg

N.petiolata
P6080021.jpg

N.xTriffid which has purple fuzz on it too
P6080022.jpg

Let us not forget about Nepenthes red beauty.(albomarginata x maxima) Everything is red on this one. No sun burn here folks. Red right down to the growth tip :)
DSCN0398.jpg

Oh my gosh, that Red Beauty!
You got me wanting one, Nerd. :c

N. albomarginata Mt. Jerai is my most red Nep.
redalbo.jpg

dang Zero......could really like that one and its not even shown its potential yet....

Here's a little shot of it's potential. Almost all red except for the "marginata" part. Cheers !

HPIM1050.jpg

HPIM1048.jpg

dang.....wasnt an albo fan before but i think i may have to find me one of those.....

My N. albomarginata 'Red' (Penang), seed grown

albomarginata2.jpg

Some shots of other red albo seedlings.
salenepseedlings0164.jpg

salenepseedlings0167.jpg

salenepseedlings0163.jpg

Yeah my red albo seedlings were similar in color to yours Zero, a bit darker though i believe, or atleast as dark as the darkest one youve got in the photo...
I kinda regret selling them off now :\ they were cute little buggers

Back