What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it an indication that my plants are under some sort of stress?

The plants I'm having trouble with are n. singalana and a "kohala" (kampotiana x maxima) x (fusca x veitchii).

The singalana produced a basal about five months ago while making pitchers like crazy, since then it hasn't produced any pitchers on the main vine or the basal and another basal has popped up. The plant continues to grow very well with the exception of a couple deformed leaves twoish months ago.

The "kohala" has spit out a couple random pitchers, but for the most part its done nothing with the exception of pitchers on two basals that have appeared. The main stem has gone crazy into vine mode and will soon climb above the light fixture.

I'm thinking it's that my night time temps aren't getting low enough, but I have a lowii that isn't skipping a beat on pitchers. Temps are about 80 during the day, down to the low 60's at night.

The singalana also had a few mites that I sprayed for about a month ago and haven't seen any since.

Any thoughts?

My singalana was beautiful before it stopped producing pitchers :-(

I may be completely off but mine really appreaciate some 1/4ish strength orchid fertilizer every so often. My temps are a bit warmer too though.

I may be completely off but mine really appreaciate some 1/4ish strength orchid fertilizer every so often. My temps are a bit warmer too though.

So do you think it could be a problem of low nutrients? Besides the occasional koi pellet I know they aren't catching much if anything at all.

I got off to a rough start with an N. singalana I used to have. I think it may have been because the growing conditions changed. Your temps sound alright to me. Maybe the problem was the stress caused by the mites...or the type of spray used. If they're both growing well now then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Back