What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More snazzy new plants!

I suppose I should start with the "good news" (we'll get to that quote shortly)

I wanted a pair of seed grown Nepenthes boschiana hopefully a male and female, well this little guy (or gal) looks pretty nice:

boschiana1-2.jpg

boschiana1-1.jpg

Then there's N. boschiana #2 Ick, maybe? I guess the curl on the emerging leaf is the same but damn...
boschiana2-1.jpg

Now onto the really good news. I got a note that said "Good News, we were out of the smaller size plant you ordered so we have sent you much larger "parent plants" that we have removed the growing tips from. These plants should be ready to put out awesome new growth."

Well, aren't I the lucky duck!?:censor:

Nepenthes alata (t) hacked off

alatat1.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa x merrilliana hack job #2

ventricosaxmerilliana1.jpg

My N. truncata qoh x kos is doing what your boschiana #2 is doing. :c

Haha wow, "Here, have these chopped up plants that might not grow for some time, but when they do it will be awesome we think."
Gotta love THAT customer service.

Yikes! I would be definitely calling those people up and be having a little talk with them! They sure don't look like the plants they advertise!

:headwall:
Dannnnnnnnng...why to you keep getting the crap-covered end of the stick?
That's terrible.
And I'd like to know the logic of removing the growth tips >.>

Thats pretty ridiculous

"ok, thx.. To pay you here are one dollar bills that i've removed the ones offa. Pleasure doing business ! :awesome:"

Gorgeous first bosch, and the second plant is what my MT faizaliana came in looking as.. I moved it to semi-shade, neemed thoroughly, then misted daily for ~2 months or however long ive had it now. It recovered, but im certainly thinking twice before orderin from there again.

Funny how one word would have put the thing into perspective. Probably should have read...

"Good News, we were out of the smaller size plant you ordered so we have sent you much larger "parent plants pieces."

Sorry about your luck. Were they rooted at least?

Where the hacked plants directly from EP or from a US seller?

omg.. I'd go postal. I'd much rather have the smaller plants. No wonder I don't order from EP, or anywhere else over seas.

@mass: actually I don't think you can order from ep even if you wanted to...they, just like BE are wholesalers. Also their shipments have to pass customs, which would not even allow sick looking plants into the states...

EP has a good reputation, and amphirion is correct, it must be from through some national seller that has had them for some while.

I have some EP plants coming soon... lets see how they arrive.

Wow! I really like the boschiana, I have always thought about getting one.

But seriously... What kind of business is that? I would definitely inform them of your unhappiness, maybe even link to this thread and show that the community does not approve.

I wont buy from whoever this is if I find out which seller it is!

Dashman, I assume they are rooted I didn't yank them up to repot into my normal mix cos I figure not having a growing tip is stressful enough so I won't repot until they start growing, hope the roots don't rot off before them. I always repot ASAP to avoid that with other peoples heavy mixes or I'm sorry later... and I'm sorry now. :(

My fault for not doing just a small feeler order. They have such a stunning catalog you assume everything should be good but I guess if this is an example of what they send out...

Yes MASS this is a US vendor for EP and BE, I don't have an up to date import permit anymore.

That pitcher in the first pic is looking nice. I hope that all of your other plants make a full recovery.

yeah, I will admit the first N. boschiana is a nice looking plant, I expected them all to be nice (for what I paid). After the big screw over with the N. bellii x northaina cutting from hell I didn't expect another bad order so quick.

yeah, I will admit the first N. boschiana is a nice looking plant, I expected them all to be nice (for what I paid). After the big screw over with the N. bellii x northaina cutting from hell I didn't expect another bad order so quick.

The Bellii x Northiana too? That sucks. What did you tell the guy?

Wow! I really like the boschiana, I have always thought about getting one.

But seriously... What kind of business is that? I would definitely inform them of your unhappiness, maybe even link to this thread and show that the community does not approve.

I wont buy from whoever this is if I find out which seller it is!

DITTO! well said.

Mike the N. bellii x northiana was from an ebay seller (usually no problems) The camera angle on the "actual plant you're getting" was creative enough to not show any of the problems.

You can read about that here by his own admission he does have "one" good cutting but it's not what he sent me:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127399

I am keeping it yet and trying to coax the growing point into something good and get something out of it since the guy won't refund me the plant price and take the nasty thing back. He sent me the $8 postage, as if that would save him from a bad customer feed back...

Last edited:
Mike the N. bellii x northiana was from an ebay seller (usually no problems) The camera angle on the "actual plant you're getting" was creative enough to not show any of the problems.

You can read about that here by his own admission he does have "one" good cutting but it's not what he sent me:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127399

I am keeping it yet and trying to coax the growing point into something good and get something out of it since the guy won't refund me the plant price ($85) and take the nasty thing back. He sent me the $8 postage, as if that would save him from a bad customer feed back...

That sucks man. I'm sorry. He should refund you the whole cost. I didn't see the thread before of your new plant. I haven't been around on TF lately. Just been really busy and all.

Back