What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EP plants!

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone,

I finally recieved some beautiful plants from Exotica Plants, I must say I am extremely please with the size and quality. So after three days of calling the courier to set everything straight, I finally have them :) I'll get better pics soon.

The opening!
DSC02681.jpg

N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmandiensis) they sent me two :D
DSC02683.jpg

N. veitchii (k) - The reason behind the order, shows so much promise :)
DSC02684.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

Finally but absolutely not least, is this beastly N. ventricosa x ephippiata
DSC02691.jpg

DSC02693.jpg

DSC02695.jpg

Size comparison
DSC02696.jpg

Here they are waiting to be repotted tomorrow
DSC02697.jpg

I also loved this little bonus, its going on the fridge :D

DSC02699.jpg

So happy :)

YARRR! Ya got a box full of awesome! :laaa:

BTW.....I Love that magnet. :grin:

Nice magnet! You made out nicely!

Were those the small EP plants? :lol:

Nice stuff, especially the N. veitchii. :laaa:

Very nice! Keep updates coming of that veitchii K, vent x ephippiata, and magnet. ;)

Missed this one, N. veitchii (k) admist it's new bretheren

DSC02690.jpg

thanks for the compliments!

Far out growing points and everything! :D

The magnet is awesome, I want some of those!

Want that live LFS right about now? :p Absolutely fantastic and huge plants. Wow. So sad I missed out on this order...

Very nice haul there Carn...looks like ya really made out like a bandit with that order...hehe ;)

...probably guessin' those are the largest plants you've ever gotten through a group order before.

Everyone should all be looking forward to our next EP group buy...but with no postal strike/lockout next time!:jester:

dvg

Most definitely dvg! I am so happy.

I'm sure you made another nice haul yourself too ;)

Yes Daniel, it was an eye-opening experience to open the box Chin Lee sent and to see the size of these plants from Exotica Plants.

Here is a pic of N. veitchii x boschiana, with this pitcher topping out at over 10 inches in height.

IMG_6608-1.jpg

And another example of the size of some of these plants, two N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis plants side by side, one of which it turns out was a bonus, one of two bonus plants to turn up in my order.

IMG_6619-2.jpg

The one on the left has a leaf tip to leaf tip wingspan of 14", while the one on the right stretches out to 12".

dvg

Awesome guys. Did they have to sit in customs a while? Any issues in LA?

JB_OrchidGuy, this was a group order done by members on a Canadian CP forum.

The plants were shipped directly from Australia to Vancouver, BC where the plants were cleared the next day and then shipped out to the various members involved in this group buy.

The order went smoothly, with the exception of a postal lockout situation that required the plants to be sent via Air Cargo for extra money, and then the plants were sent via private courier to the individual members involved.

And we may have gotten lucky because alledgedly the plant boxes were not opened and visually inspected by the CFIA, upon their arrival here in Canada.

dvg

Back