What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Place to Hang a Ventrata!!

Vbkid

Getting There...
So I recently moved back down to school for the summer, and everything is in place...except for a large hanging ventrata. This plant is in no way possible of sitting on a table and needs to be hung. However, there are no hangers near any window in my apartment, and I'm having trouble finding a stud. I'm right outside of stl missouri, is it possible to put it outside? It's been in a sunny window for a few months now doing fine.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I don't know with any certainty but I think that it is possible to grow it outside where you are, however burning of the leaves from direct sun might be a problem, also depending on how hot it gets it could fry.

You can get these nifty little hangers from probably most garden supply stores that would allow you to make it hanging rather quickly.

It is already a hanging basket, and was in a sunny window at my home ,but here at school I dont have a hook on the ceiling to hang it on!

Are you in the dorms? You may be able to put in a work order and get your residential maintenance staff to put in a hook for you. Otherwise, you could always train it to a trellis or something.
~Joe

In an apartment :/ And not too much room as it is, I'm hoping to borrow a stud finder so I can put a hook in the ceiling

Back