What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its not an opinion, Mike made this chart with the choice of segregating the species by altitude elevation, not by temperature preferences. To change the placing of ramispina, faizaliana and tenuis for reasons other than altitude ranges would make no sense. Notice how Wistuba splits everything between highlanders and lowlanders: he doesn't have a section for intermediates. His method of segregation is based more on cultivation preferences than elevation so it will obviously have differences from Mike's list. To reiterate, neither classification wrong, just different, but it doesn't make sense to have ramispina, faizaliana and tenuis as exceptions on Mike's list since their elevation ranges are considered intermediate.
Also, most people grow N. tenuis as highlanders but people have had just as much success growing it as a lowlander and intermediate. So according to your logic it could just as well be considered a lowlander.

PS: I think plant#1 was talking to Mike. ;)

Last edited:
I dont have the time to read all your post, but im pretty sure you bring a lot of good informations. Thanks again for your opinion :)

XxX

Last edited:
Maybe if you will take the time to read you will learn that its not an opinion ;)

The chart itself is just a chart of altitude distributions - nothing less, nothing more. Therefore, it is all objective information and is not an opinion. Thus, something can be considered "ultra-highland" by altitude distribution when it is just a normal HL in practice (e.g. N. singalana).

The chart itself is just a chart of altitude distributions - nothing less, nothing more. Therefore, it is all objective information and is not an opinion. Thus, something can be considered "ultra-highland" by altitude distribution when it is just a normal HL in practice (e.g. N. singalana).

I think its a difficult concept for him to grasp.

No personnal attacks please. If you dont agree with some of my posts i can understand, but "I think its a difficult concept for him to grasp" is not acceptable.
You are smarter than that.

Not taking the time to read a reply can also be taken as rude, so no need to act so sensitive, if you don't like people being rude to you don't be rude to them

Last edited:
Mhmm. A bit late here, i didnt saw your post. Thanks for your input corky.

As i can see in many threads, you have the bad habbit to dive into others 'squabble'. It just get things worst.

I think heli can make his own defense, he is a bright guy.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Back to the thread topic.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for posting!

Back