What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. spathulata x hamata

BE just announced that seed-grown individuals will be available:

NEP-sxh-2.jpg

I think I'm even more excited about these than the N. ventricosa x hamata that are just hitting the market. Makes me curious what other hamata crosses they have coming down the line.

Looks like a neat little cross. Should grow up to be stunning.

nice cross, or have you found this news?

Like a toothy Nepenthes x Judith Finn.

Agreed. I think that this will probably be a nicer cross than Vent x hamata (and that's saying a lot, since the former looks to be an awesome cross). Spath has a rigid peristome that has a high degree of orbiculation around the pitcher opening. This should be interesting!

Like a toothy Nepenthes x Judith Finn.

It really does. I'm hoping that it starts to pick-up at least some of the N. hamata speckling w/ age.

Oh man... This one is going to be awsesome. :hail:

:spazz:
THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!

/has a sad cause she doesn't have monies.

You know... now that I look at it again, this is almost a dead ringer for N. singalana.

I hope it will soon be available in Europe

an idea of ​​price?

an idea of ​​price?

Not sure about price. BE is already out of the seed grown plants, so you should start to see them popping up at stores in a little while. Once those are gone, clones will show up and probably bring the price down a bit.

Gotta get me one of those to keep my vent x hamata company!

Uh ohes... they're finally available for sale in the US already, so I accidentally bought one :oops:

Pygo- fifty nine dollars. about 10 to 20 dollars less than the Hamata times Vent.

still not available in Europe ???:down:

:down: yeah today's the first that I saw of them here in the US. It may be a couple more months i guess - doesn't bestcp or czplants order stuff from BE?

You know... now that I look at it again, this is almost a dead ringer for N. singalana.

WHAT!? N. singalana's an introgressed hybrid of N. hamata and N. spathulata!? DUN DUN DUN! :-))

I'd love to see a hamata x singalan cross. This one looks awesome!

Amphirion, I guess you did grow a hybrid. :p

Jeff

Back