What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really nice plants, great growing as always.

I'm really struck by your glandulifera x boschiana - It looks markedly different than mine, also I am particularly puzzled by the lack of glands on the tendril and pitcher? ???

Mine is a comparable size and is covered with glands -

DSCN7197.jpg

I have a few of these myself from mt, one is getting larger now

Dex-I myself am a little confused when I compared this to my seedgrown boschiana originating from BE that I got from a supplier.

010-14.jpg

It's suppose to be from MT and coincidentally, the burbidgeae which strongly seems (and most probably is) to be burb x eddie came with this hybrid together in the same group purchase. So I wouldn't count out the fact that I have TWO plants mislabelled/misidentified when I did the group purchase....

The only thing that seems a little different might be the leaves, I'll post some pics up for reference as soon as I have the time.

Yeah man well your burbidgea is absolutely burbidgea x edwardsiana, there's no doubt about that.

And really I'm leaning towards your glandulifera x boschiana being just boschiana... The reason I say this is that there are just no visible glands on the stem or pitcher which doesn't make any sense, unless it just doesn't have any on that pitcher, maybe there are some on the leaves, the growth point, or the stem?

Also the waist on your pitcher is more pronounced than the waist on my plant, my plant is just now starting to get a tiny little waist whereas yours has a significant waist already.

Noted Dex, and thanks for pointing it out.

Sometimes, nepenthes have a hidden beauty from the INSIDE of the pitchers.

009-14.jpg

Best I could do on the biggest pitcher I have in my arsenal-N. x Dyeriana. Thanks for viewing, everyone! :)

A few shots...

007-14.jpg

N. sumatrana

010-15.jpg

N. truncata

011-11.jpg

N. reinwardtiana var. samarindaensis

002-14.jpg

BE's seed grown boshciana chugging along and colouring up darkly.

012-12.jpg

Good ol' ventrata starting to put out pitcher 'bells' again.

Wow that sumatrana is amazing!

Beautiful plants, every one! Kudos, Edward!

Very nice plants. Thanks for sharing pics.

sumatrana is gonna be special

That sumatrana is already looking gorgeous... Also loving the N. boschiana. I alwas wanted to score a seed-grown plant. It's such a beautiful species.

Truncata x thorelli looks awesome! I also love truncata x spectablis. lol I just love truncata hybrids...cant wait to get one myself

I'm actually trying to sprout N. sumatrana seeds right now. We'll see how that turns out.

The N. sumatrana is looking amazing!

Thanks guys. My sumatrana is from MT and is not seed grown. And That One Guy, my truncata x spectabilis is suffering from a terrible fungus attack that nearly claimed it's life since last October :( it's 'recovering' but terribly slow.

Amazing plants. Love the hookeriana and the truncata.

Oh N. x Dyeriana....

010-16.jpg

011-12.jpg

When art thou going to produce upper pitchers?:-(

012-14.jpg

N. x Miranda

013-12.jpg

This was a gift to my mom. It is, IMO, as sizzling hot as she is!:jester: N. x Coccinea (which is (raff x amp) x mirabilis))

014-11.jpg

My first heli, H. nutans x heterodoxa chugging on nicely.

016-7.jpg

First N. lowii x campanulata pitcher in AGES...

018-4.jpg

N. lowii x truncata 'wide peristome'

019-4.jpg

N. northiana steadily producing bigger pitchers!

020-4.jpg

I like the way the lips curl up at the front of the peristome...N. thorelii x truncata

022-3.jpg

N. clipeata x reinwardtiana

015-7.jpg

Here's something I'm sure most of you don't see often-N. gracilis 'squat'. Cute, stays small and stays squat!

017-8.jpg

And last but not least, my N. glandulifera x boschiana??? the picture in Malesiana Tropical's website is similar to mine, and not like Dex's. Despite the confused ID, it's one beautiful pitcher!

Everything is so beautiful and well grown :) I'd really love to see a picture of the full N. x Dyeriana if you get the chance!

Just for you, carnivoure12! :)

023-3.jpg

And thats my pathetic slipper in the pot for comparison, a size 10-11, I think? The uhh....bent stick was a failed attempt at using the midrib of my red palm as a stake! The whole plant is bending the stake with it!

Wow very big leaves, I really like that one, also I lie the other neps, it's cool to see the size differences between hybrids/species. Thanks :)

Back