What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Bicalcarata BLACK FORM

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I see an offer for this plant elsewhere on the internet. The offer is for seed. The picture they are showing has no fangs. Is this variation fangless or are they more than likely offering a hybrid?

I see an offer for this plant elsewhere on the internet. The offer is for seed. The picture they are showing has no fangs. Is this variation fangless or are they more than likely offering a hybrid?

That's not Nepenthes bicalcarata
That's N. rafflesiana

Actually there are some darker varieties out there, and one with a really dark peristome, not sure that the place you're talking about is really offering bicalcarata...

"This picture is genuine image of parent of these seeds." :-))

That's just a purple N. rafflesiana. Wow. I'm surprised that seller has a 99.8% rating... It's gonna go down within a few years after the winner gets his seeds... ;)

"You are bidding on * fresh seeds.
HARVESTED ....
stored in refrigerator since."

I was unaware that Nepenthes seeds could be stored in a refrigerator. And even if they can be, I doubt anyone would get "good" germination rates with seeds that are 2-3 months old.

"This picture is genuine image of parent of these seeds." :-))

That's just a purple N. rafflesiana. Wow. I'm surprised that seller has a 99.8% rating... It's gonna go down within a few years after the winner gets his seeds... ;)

"You are bidding on * fresh seeds.
HARVESTED ....
stored in refrigerator since."

I was unaware that Nepenthes seeds could be stored in a refrigerator. And even if they can be, I doubt anyone would get "good" germination rates with seeds that are 2-3 months old.

HL seeds can....however......it kills LL seeds........

Ah, as I suspected.

This is what you'd be looking for...

NBicalcarata1.jpg

NBicalcarata2.jpg

Credits for photos and plant to Rick Hillier on the OCPS.

OMG THAT IS ONE AWESOME BICAL!! Wow thanks for sharing. I would love one of those one day. Wow.

Hiya JB-

Not a black bical, but listed as a "Super Red" bical.

Good Growing,
B

002-1.jpg

Back