What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EP Availability List

Adilevi, I would say that looks kind of like the newly described Nepenthes kerrii since your lowers seem to have that mint green chocolate chip ice cream color inside the pitcher mouth. N. kerrii is in with all those relatively unstudied plants of the possible N. thorelii strain like N. andamana, kongkandana, smilesii, and the billions of mirabilis forms and other unknowns from that area. Someone could build a collection just on these swampy plants and have a huge variety of pitchers to look at. Someday if I ever get tired of bending over backwards to cool and water the HLers I may do just that, they seem to be easy growers.

GregNY, I wish!

Adilevi, I would say that looks kind of like the newly described Nepenthes kerrii since your lowers seem to have that mint green chocolate chip ice cream color inside the pitcher mouth. N. kerrii is in with all those relatively unstudied plants of the possible N. thorelii strain like N. andamana, kongkandana, smilesii, and the billions of mirabilis forms and other unknowns from that area. Someone could build a collection just on these swampy plants and have a huge variety of pitchers to look at. Someday if I ever get tired of bending over backwards to cool and water the HLers I may do just that, they seem to be easy growers.

GregNY, I wish!

thank u m8

Don't take it as gospel. It's only a guess based on the few pics out there I've seen labeled N. kerrii. This group seems so confused with all sorts of plants being sold as one thing and winding up being something else or even a completely unknown species altogether. LOL

I really like N. kerrii lowers, the flaming red and orange outer color contrasts nicely with the cool green inner color.

Back