What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another batch of N. ventricosa x hamata on the way.

A very generous person who owns a nursery down south gave me an entire flower stalk of N. hamata pollen... Last year they made their own N. ventricosa x hamata cross, now as to which form of ventricosa, I am not sure... But as if i was not excited enough about there being another genetic pool of this hybrid, Early this morning I took the flower stalk I received and pollinated SEVERAL flowers of my N. ventricosa "Denver" clone....
Those of you not familiar with this clone can find some info here... There are some nice photos of it from Mitchell a few posts from the top.

http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=9556&page=1

Promises to be an interesting hybrid for sure, good luck with your soon to be thousands of babies!

I was under the impression that the denver clone is sterile? :suspect:

@exo: i think 'porcelain' is sterile. dont know about "denver"

Yeah i had never heard of the Denver clone being sterile... Though it is unlike any ventricosa clone ive grown before
slow growing, finicky, but massive, plastic like traps... i love it.. and it just made several basals, may make some interesting trade material in the future...

That will be a nutty cross! I can't wait to see it. :)

Back