What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bit of a growth spurt

really fast and unattractive post before work...

first off this is my eff koto.
2011-07-18120619.jpg

lady paulina
2011-07-18120638.jpg

the names are in the pics
2011-07-18120829.jpg

apparently warm temps are good for growth and bad for pitchering on this inermis...
2011-07-18120912.jpg

and this, just for fun, is my first real glabrata pitcher. first one partially above the surface at least, i have more, they just are really shy
2011-07-18120735.jpg

Glabatra! : D

Looks like your gonna have some vines to deal with soon enough. ;)

Nice Lady Pauline. :)

Ok, as I said I would, here are some better pictures.

As I was saying, some of my LL plants have really taken off lately even though it is the summer heat and nights only sometimes get to 70*F and days are about 82* yet somehow, things are growing like mad.

mass, this is the Eff. Koto that I've been mentioning to you. It is starting to vine now and it is getting WAY bigger. You can see the older much smaller pitchers in the photos too.
EffKotops.jpg

EffKoto2ps.jpg

EffKoto3ps.jpg

Here is the inermis that definately shouldn't be growing this well in these conditions. I have always heard that they are hard to keep... it isn't pitchering, but it is still growing.
Inermis.jpg

even my glabrata seems to not mind the hot spell.
Glabrata.jpg

Here is my Lady Pauline
LadyPaulineps.jpg

LadyPauline2ps.jpg

And, though it might just be a male posing as a "Lady" he sure knows how to flaunt his stuff. I LOVE how deep of red this is!
LadyPauline3ps.jpg

LadyPauline4ps.jpg

LadyPauline5ps.jpg

LadyPauline6ps.jpg

not neps but a couple other happy growers
CephGrowthps.jpg

Cephps.jpg

I wish this lil guy hit a growth spurt, but... he hasn't... yet :)
Hamataps.jpg

Hamata2ps.jpg

Do you have a close up o the thorelli x wittei pitchers? i have 2 plants labled thorelli one of which is thorelli x. wittei. Just curious if mine looks like yours

I'm not really one for hybrids, but after seeing so many excellent pictures of this N. x 'Lady Pauline,' I'm getting really tempted to get one. It all looks great!

Amazing hybrids!
Is Lake Poso a HL or LL plant?

Ooooh, very nice collection! :-D

ummm, I'm handicapped with chat and apparently can't quote multiple people... anyway, thanks everyone! I'm just glad to have anything that is looking as well as my Lady Pauline and the others.

Rball
this is the plant I have labled as thorelli x wittei. I got it from someone who got it from someone else I don't know, so the lable might have gotten screwy... but I like it.
thorelli x wittei
IMG_0658.jpg

unstuckinTime
Do it! Very easy plant IMHO and it has beautiful pitchers

awgaupp
My Lake Poso is growing as HL.

Oh, Travis, look, the Eff. Koto still has stripes. This is that new pitcher that was shut yesterday.
IMG_0663.jpg

thanks again!

Back