What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: August 2011

PITCHER OF THE MONTH CONTEST August 2011

CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 08/31/11
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
10. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 10/01/11, closing 10/07/11 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (... according to "proportional representation" ... http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/...rtional.html10) will be considered "Winners" and the first place winner will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!

Contest will be closed on August 31st at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Hello folks,
thought i give it a try this month.

My entry is newest, fresh opened N.bongso pitcher.
I will post some update pics, through the month to show the up-colouring.

DSCF2258.jpg
DSCF2262.jpg
DSCF2266.jpg
DSCF2265.jpg

Cheers,
Frank

Revoked entry! Thanks pygo.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Time to blow the pants of this contest!....wait, do contests wear pants?...anyway....N.jacquelineae "Gunung Gadang" :awesome:

Njacq_7-14-11.jpg

They all look the same too me.. I guess I lack the sophistication to see the beauty in toilet bowls.

Last edited:
The veitchii is amazing!

It's a very nice jacq. I hope mine can form such shape. What's the size of yours? Mine is only 4inch cross. Don't know how long it will take to have such beautiful shape as yours. Jacq is my favorite. I love jacq even more than jamban :-D

Time to blow the pants of this contest!....wait, do contests wear pants?...anyway....N.jacquelineae "Gunung Gadang" :awesome:

It's a very nice jacq. I hope mine can form such shape. What's the size of yours? Mine is only 4inch cross. Don't know how long it will take to have such beautiful shape as yours. Jacq is my favorite. I love jacq even more than jamban :-D

Thanks, Mine is about 7in across, and is making 2.5in pitchers.

N.boschiana x campanulata
P8140004.jpg

I hope to get more pics soon once it stops being so foggy...

N. (spathulata x aristolochioides) x platychila

icemansyr

Last edited:
Here's another picture of N.boschiana x campanulata - it has a divine shape :)

P8160011.jpg

Lance_Plater

N. Red Leopard pitcher 8 in tall 4 in wide
Biggest pitcher I've ever had!:D

N. truncata "pasian"

DSC02945.jpg

@carn that thing is getting huge, what size pot is that in?

Thanks gea! It is in a 6-inch pot, I recently repotted it from a 4-inch one.

Here it is with a penny for scale :p

DSC02947.jpg

@carn looking way better than mine, your plants always look so nice. My plant is getting really big but the pitchers are still small 6"ish. @icemansyr your plant is gorgeous wish I new where to get one of those;)

Hey is a N. Miranda pitcher that caught my eye. Why not......

IMG_20110816_172606.jpg

What the?!?........:0o:

Looks like a black hole ate at it :0o:

Back