What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprise I found this morning...

I found these guys taking refuge from the sun in my N. alata this morning. I hope they can get out...

P8051234.jpg

P8051232.jpg

P8051230.jpg

P8051231.jpg

Thanks for looking,
CJ

The froggies are everywhere right now! I had 3 of them stuck to my sliding door last night catching bugs. And I saw about 20 baby toads when I was out mowing the lawn.

That's living dangerously!

Wow great pictures
There mucus membranes should keep them from being dissolved

That is awesome! I wonder what would happen if they laid eggs in there... :)

Frogs are so awesome, great find

That is awesome! I wonder what would happen if they laid eggs in there... :)

Hmm, they would die. I dont think there is enough oxygen in that fluid/water.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I have frogs in my pool. I gotta use the pool cleaner to chuck em out :p

Aww. XD They're so cute. I wish there were wild frogs here in Southern California. Lucky you... :D

Some frogs breed in nepenthes pitchers, but probably not those two...

That is awesome! I wonder what would happen if they laid eggs in there...
I don't know if this species of frog would do so but there is a frog species in the wild who does lay their eggs in the pitcher fluid. The Charles Clarke book Nepenthes of Borneo details which species it is. In the wild pitchers can be entire miniature ecosystems with all sorts of critters visiting them or spending at least part of their lives in them.

I thought I should let everyone know that I checked this morning and the two little Spring Peepers have moved on, and didn't fall into the digestive juices.

Funny, now that I think about it, I had a Spring Peeper that lived in an axil of one of my larger bromeliads last year.

Was it a carnivorous brom or a regular one

They can usually get out, they're feet are surprisingly adhesive.

Hey nice pics with the froggies! :)

Back