What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bird eating Nepenthes!

A bird eating nepenthes? I SHALL KILL THAT GODFORSAKEN BIRD WITH BY BARE HANDS!

:lol: unlucky bird...

Oh daaaaaaamn!!
Does anyone know what nep that is? It's gorgeous :love:

Nepenthes catches blue tit.

This is especially distasteful in light of the fact that the bird was under 18 years old.

PS: If the bird had flipped he would have stood a much better chance of getting out.

I think the're an endangered species

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Brokken, lol :-))

Looking at the picture, the plant didn't "eat" the bird. The lower half of the pitcher is turning brown, meaning it's been overfed with meat.

Unlucky bird? I guess it is a matter of perspective. Through its death, the bird has become world renowned!

Dare I draw a comparison between this *** up bird and Achilles, the greatest warrior ever, but I will:

It is kind of like Achilles going to the Trojan War. Could have lived to old age and had a lavished life in obscurity, or go to Troy, die a warriors death and have a name that is known even today.

Maybe this 'tit' was the greatest insect hunting bird of all times, on a mission from the 'gods,' and destined to achieve heights of fame other 'tits' only dream of.

I could also draw the comparison that the plant was like Charybdis from the Odyssey, which would make the bird a 2nd rate Odysseus hack, but I think we all see what is going on here:

I've been reading too much Greek Myth...

Back