What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compact growing Neps

Not using a terrarium atm.

[/COLOR]

Plenty of light is the key to ground pitchers, without it they vine like crazy searching for more light.

Hmmm...interesting...I read that they pitcher nicely in shadier conditions. *Shakes fist at "The savage garden"*

I have mine under a 125watt CFL

You can encourage N. ampullaria produce ground rosettes by letting the medium dry out just once.

HAHAHAHA! :lol:

Seriously...my amp is a beast...I got the species because I was told that it stayed compact....mine sure as hell didn't! You cut down one vine and two more take it's place....it has no interest in making ground pitchers, just quick growing basals.

Hmmm...interesting...I read that they pitcher nicely in shadier conditions. *Shakes fist at "The savage garden"*

Al things are relative, shady sunlight is a lot of CFL's and the human eye is rubbish at telling the difference. Mine pitchered ok under a 250w growlight, under 60w LED few pitchers but masses of vines. Tried the same several times with sunlight/HPS/low wattage CFL's etc allways the same result. If they're vining like crazy with no pitchers there's a reason for it.

Back