What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any tips for N. Singalana?

For the first six months it grew like a champ, now for the last six to eight months it hasn't pitchered once. It has two basals that stopped pitchering at the same time as the main plant.

I'm wondering if it's my conditions but my other highland species haven't missed a beat ???

My conditions are:

High: Mid to upper 70's
Low: Low 50's to mid 60's
Humidity: 50 -60%

Last edited:
Your conditions look fine to me. Your daytime temps are even a little better than mine, yet mine pitchers. I have found it to be somewhat finicky. If I even move it a couple feet in the grow area it pouts for a few months. I did get better results putting a good amount of lfs into the potting media and keeping it on the moister side. Mine gets higher humidity at night also, maybe that helps? Wish I could be more help, just be patient it should pull out of it.

Growing best for me in the following:

Day Temps: 70-77°
Night: 49-56°

Humidity: 80-95%

Light: Mixture of HPS and T5 6400K -- top of the plant is about 700 foot candles

Soil: Fir Bark, Peat Moss, Live Sphagnum, Sponge Rock

Strong Airflow

I think if you could get your humidity up and maybe provide some more light either by moving the plant closer to source or bringing into more light you will be set.

I had N. singalana from AW in standard HL conditions and it was fine, when my R/O filter got old and the water less pure it did quit pitchering.

Humidity needs to be high for ease of pitchering, I keep my Nepenthes chambers 80-90% at all times.

Back