What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POTM Contest: September 2011

My god. The first entries are all too beautiful and amazing. I believe this month's contest will be very tough.

Honostly.. I do too. It's like the friggin' Predator mouth. So ugly..

"Live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual". Lydia

Wow, pulling out the beetlejuice quotes.

Awesome pitcher SK.

"You can't scare her, she's sleeping with Prince Valium tonight."

Lowii and crosses are waaaaaay cool. They have spikey lower pitchers, and gaping upper ones! Plus I like the general shape and pertisome and pitcher colour. :p

Ok, N.macrophylla because it's drooling :p

Pitcher opened up 2+ months ago and still looks gorgeous.. small, perfect & gorgeous.

P8310009.jpg

P8310010.jpg

P8310011.jpg

P8310012.jpg

I have got to aquire a tm. And the spectabilis is to die for. Very nice astro!! And I haven't even made it off the first page!!!

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Thez!! Wow is all I can say.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Macro is another I have to add to the want list lol.

Changed my mind.. I heart my avatar and don't want to feel like I wasted the pic. So.. N. veitchii K

IMG_7227.jpg

Last edited:
Hey that's a nice pitcher mass, love the shape of it.

Man competition is STIFF this month.

I still think I'll enter something. I'm definitely gonna make you earn that tenth place mass. :p

Hey thanks. It's a wanna be upper.. :rolleyes:

Looks like an upper to me???

Mass, seeing as veitchii does not have a prehensile tendril, nor does it form true uppers, you can assume that when you cross it with a species which does do this, that the occasional tendril will not be prehensile, while others may be.

Alright, here it is, the show stopper. The giving 11th place a run for its money! The ultimate!

N. ventricosa x glandulifera

DSCN6296.jpg

Glandish and hairy

DSCN6297.jpg

Speckled and striped

DSCN6298.jpg

Yeaaaaahhh :banana2:

DSCN6299.jpg

Wow! This has got to be the most competitive month yet!

I've gotta say that Carnivoure12's spec x aristo gets my vote, but I've always been partial to that particular plant! What an awesome peristome...

Well here is my humble offering for this month. This is my "old reliable" N. spectabilis 'Giant' x spathulata...

icemansyr

icemansyr

Here is my entry. My Nep. hamata clone 1. At just 6 months it makes the terms. Not a winner but I'm proud of it, and hope it grows up to be a plant to be reckoned with. I like the color in the new leaf. Not it's biggest pitcher it's grown for me, but it is just starting to take off for me now that I have it in stable conditions.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That Spec x Spat is HUGE!
I would enter something, but I would
A lose
B I don't even have anything open except a tiny gracillis pitcher. Well, I may enter it just to see how I place :-))

I believe Exo called it "tiny and awesome": glabrata! :spazz:

First pitcher in my care, so I'm proud of it!

Is this from me? Glad to see it works well for you. Keep me informed of its growth :-O

I believe Exo called it "tiny and awesome": glabrata! :spazz:

First pitcher in my care, so I'm proud of it!

Back