What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POTM Contest: September 2011

PITCHER OF THE MONTH CONTEST September 2011

CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 09/30/11
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Any plant(s) that have finished in the top 3 may not be reentered again for the following 90 days.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 10/01/11, closing 10/07/11 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!

Contest will be closed on Sept. 30th at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

Last edited:
ventricosa x trusmadiensis
I would do an update when it's all colorful

img2538aj.jpg

img2550c.jpg

img2551cj.jpg

img2559t.jpg

oh geez.. This is gonna be a tough month.

Pygo wins! :awesome:

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides - seems to be an intermediate

DSC02984.jpg

Which clone is that Pygo? It's beautiful.

And here I thought I was going to enter vent x tm :down:
*goes to think longer about what to enter*

N.spectabilis "North sumatra"

Nspectabilis01_9-1-11.jpg

Nspectabilis02_9-1-11.jpg

Oooh gorgeous spectabilis, Exo! :)

Here's my entry for POTM: N x Trusmadiensis

cp-sep2011-tm001.jpg

Thanks Brokken....that TM looks like it's gonna eat this competition once it colors up even more. :0o:

ahh crap.. You guys blew this competition away the first day. Now I feel so inferior.. I'm betting Brokken takes it down. Followed by Mark, then pygo. Just my prediction thus far. But with the way these entries are going, I'm excited to see what's coming next.

the trusmadiensis is AWESOME :love::love::love::love:
the winner for me ^^

wow this is going to be a good POTM contest! Excellent entries so far.

N. lowii x ventricosa red - will update as color darkens
DSC_0247.jpg

You're totally going to get Thez's vote SK!! We all know how much she loves that lowii look.

Back