What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I feel your pain.. I'm running through 2 gallons of RO a day myself. PLUS I mist twice a day. Pretty sad just to get 80%. But I've got a whole walk-in dilly to deal with.

buy a dehumidifier, the one in my hous fills up a 2.5 gallon bucket twice a day

Fantastic night sky...beautiful plants and pictures man. Very well composed and very clean grow op btw... :p my egg crate is full of algae and brown tannin smears from water overflow etc.

Fantastic night sky...beautiful plants and pictures man. Very well composed and very clean grow op btw... :p my egg crate is full of algae and brown tannin smears from water overflow etc.

Haha..well I have a lot of that in there too, I just didn't show it :-))

I love the sang black.

Woohoo, more pics. Been a tough few months as I had back surgery, just started getting better and reinjured it so probably more surgery soon :censor::censor::censor: Some of my plants have taken a hit (or two) as I've been unable to keep after them well. Lost my muluensis x lowii, singalana took a beating, bongso looking bad, etc. But a few are still plugging along, and I managed to snap a few pics tonight of two neps that were doing well.

Finally, "QoH x KoS" starting to get photogenic. Latest pitcher is just over 4", but the peristome folded back onto the pot and I'm surprised at how great it looks on such a young plant! I'm sure this will become my favorite nep if i can manage to keep it alive.
6333339473_75b23c9636_z.jpg

6333339375_b866048d00_z.jpg

Veitchii x eymae is a trooper as well. I wish I got this when the peristome was still flared.
6334093300_cd10ec739f_z.jpg

6333339783_9c7c2d27e9_z.jpg

6333339671_c00c10056c_z.jpg

6333339849_8115b517bd_z.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Love the truncata! The last photo is very nice too.

Your truncata is a die for! Don't worry, I'm sure your plants will recover and return with a vengeance! :)

Wow that's one of the better looking royal truncatas I have seen. Awesome!

:drool: spectacular!

That sucks about the back surgery! And I thought I had it bad from 2 car accidents within a week of each other.

Anyways, great looking Neps! Is that how the N. veitchii x eymae colors up? It looks amazing regardelss of a non-flared peristome.

Thanks all. The veitchii x eymae opens up as pure light green, but gradually the stripes appear as the peristome folds back. I've noticed on my plant when the peristome is at peak flare, it's still just pure green.

:drool: I've had veitchii x eymae for over a year and am yet to see a pitcher that nice!

nightsky
sorry to hear about your back , know your pain , did my lower back and broke my neck ruptured 6 discs too
taken 10 years to recover , only neck surgery done , no one would operate on the lower back was too risky they all said , but now can walk and do things again , so i hope you will get well too soon, the plant therapy helps a lot too ! help me huge amounts
great plants too keep up the grate nep growing
john

Love the Royal Truncata; it looks amazing!!!

Sorry to hear about the back. I also have problems with my back so I can imagine what you are going through. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

nightsky
sorry to hear about your back , know your pain , did my lower back and broke my neck ruptured 6 discs too
taken 10 years to recover , only neck surgery done , no one would operate on the lower back was too risky they all said , but now can walk and do things again , so i hope you will get well too soon, the plant therapy helps a lot too ! help me huge amounts
great plants too keep up the grate nep growing
john

Ugh..this is my nightmare. I badly herniated one disc that caused me to only barely able to walk. I was dragging my leg, had no feeling in it. Dr said I may have perm. never damage. But then had surgery, and wow I felt like a million bucks..became pain free and gained all functionality, only to screw it up with one single bad bend, and I'm now in huge pain again. I'm actually hoping I will get surgery again. All the other methods I tried (phys therapy, injections, chiropractic, even accurpressure and laser treatments) didn't even touch the pain! At this point I'm hoping I don't lose my job if I have to go out for a few months again so close to doing it before. But I will do anything to try to get it better.

But yeah you're right, having a hobby is a good diversion and a way to focus attention and energy on something other than health issues.

ooo yes all 6 of my ruptured discs where internal and pressing on the spinal cord , the pain is or was unbearable ,now they have shrunk and dont press on the spinal cord but still there , spent the first 2 years on my back on a 2 in thick mattress in the lounge room could only crawl some times to the toilet , the drugs stuffed me up too !! far to many bad ones , now have permanent damage from that too , killed to may brain cells as well i think !! but all good now just got to know the limitations , !
hope you dont loose your job and get the treatment needed
good luck
J

Time for more pics:

Newly opened 'Judith Finn'
6484429311_6a0136e563_z.jpg

Older 'Judith Finn'
6484428891_fa502435c4_z.jpg

veitchii x eymae
6484431109_0e808a009b_z.jpg

spectabilis x mira basal pitcher, with tiny bongso
6484430893_735f035667_z.jpg

truncata x ephippiata. pitcher is 12", stuck in back of grow area.
6484430643_4402730188_z.jpg

'Lady Pauline' upper with sanguinea
6484430401_64d0593779_z.jpg

thorelii x (spectabilis x northiana) intermediate pitcher, with ventricosa x inermis upper
6484429541_2483b085e2_z.jpg

spectabilis x aristolochioides upper
6484429733_1027b5ace2_z.jpg

another angle on spectabilis x aristolochioides upper
6484429943_c56a6b7a38_z.jpg

a newly opened spectabilis x aristolochioides upper that shows the stripes before darkening
6484430145_3ddc1bbc1a_z.jpg

Awesome plants as always.

I really love the coloration on that spectabilis x mira.

Loving the spec x mira. Can't wait for my seed grown to get that size.

Back