What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You just made N. x Judith Finn look good! The spectabilis x mira is something else. Incredible contrast in the colors.

My particular spec x mira is so inconsistent. Right now the basal is putting out those small pitchers, while the main vine hasn't pitchered in probably a year. Prior to that it had pouted badly, right after it went through a bout where it made great pitchers that were getting some size. It's really unpredictable. I know the basals can sometimes weaken the main vine, but all my other neps with basals still pitcher nicely on the main vine.

Spectabilis x mira new pitcher for those that liked it:

6585540813_38a9d19527_z.jpg

Man!! Thats a beaut. Love the sharp picture and beautiful pattern.

The colors..... I really like that one.

i agree its a real beauty,loving those stripes

oh my beautiful neps and i must say that royal looks amazing

it will always be a royal trunc in my eyes :)

How big is your N x 'Judith Finn'? Its been over a year since mine's pitchered for me, all it does it bloom after bloom after BLOOM after bloom!!!!

nice Neps nightsky, glad to see they are doing so well....
Crazy how different your veitchii x eymae is from mine....
is it EPs veitchii H/L x eymae?
Here is a couple traps on my veitchii H/L x eymae from EP for comparison
Previous trap: the peristome gets a slight bronze color as it ages, this is a few weeks after this one opened...
DSC_0328.jpg

newest trap:
December272011Carnivores022.jpg

How big is your N x 'Judith Finn'? Its been over a year since mine's pitchered for me, all it does it bloom after bloom after BLOOM after bloom!!!!

It's about 10" across, the last pitcher was 6.5". Honestly I've not had any issues getting it to pitcher, guess I'm lucky.

Kris, yeah mine a sg plant from EP. I really like your form, the wavy peristome is great. I'm looking forward to these putting on size. I remember seeing a pic EP had their website of a mature plant's pitcher. That thing was beast!

Mine has a bigger peristome and looks to have a more of a eymae influence in it.

6239527924_c3b45d16e9_z.jpg

6239525422_2b95dae96c_z.jpg

Maybe because it is putting out intermediate pitchers? :p

lol! wait..I don't remember if that is veitchii x eymae or eymae x veitchii. :p

Latest robcantleyi pitcher. 1 week old, about 5". It's starting put on size lately at a steady pace. Grew slow as molasses until recently. Getting a bit hairy also.

6773612233_d32296f2bb_z.jpg

6773612539_db9de03e8a_z.jpg

WOW! beautiful pitcher! I cant wait until mine starts putting out pitchers like that.. That plant sure is a slow grower for me... It took about a month to grow a lame 1.5 inch pitcher. Your plant shows its well worth the wait though!

Absolutely gorgeous. :hail:

So is robcantaloupeleieiy just 'Queen of Hearts' x 'King of Spades' that was classified as a new species or what? It's very beautiful. Aren't they similar to truncatas? I have a little 3" truncata that is growing as slow as poop, literally, because poop doesn't get bigger or put out pitchers... Well, of course, it did make a new leaf, but it was the same size as the one under it, which died as this new one came in. Enough about my problems though, lol. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it and how much do they usually cost? ???

That looks incredible!!!

Back