What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
I've had mealies on my Sarrs and Cephs.. a couple on a VFT Royal Red. I sprayed those down with the strong Bayer stuff, and I'm neeming everything else. All of a sudden I have spots on my Nepenthes and I'm wondering is it side-spray from the Bayer stuff (I do spray at night so they don't scorch), if it's the neem, or if it's because I've recently started keeping them in saucers of water most of the week because they get arid, desert conditions? Help!

This is a hamata
P9110001.jpg

sibuyanensis x talangensis - those bottom brown leaves is what I'm used to when I'm spraying with neem (they lose their oldest leaves for me)
P9110002.jpg

chaniana
P9110003.jpg

((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii) x campanulata
P9110004.jpg

:down:

The spots are from applying pesticides in a full sun environment.....I've had it happen to me before...spraying at night rarely helps because the spray is often still wet in the morning. I keep mine in the shade for a few days after to be sure.

Generally I sprayed pesticides (the Bayer stuff) in one day and sprayed neem oil in the next day. I've never had this problem. But most of my plants grow either under artificial light or partial sun. I tend to agree Exo. Your problem may be the result of full sun condition. The chemical and oil from pesticides and neem oil can remain on the leaf surface for a long time, not just couple of hours.

I've been afraid to use those types of pesticides on CPs. I've had a few mealies on Neps before and rubbing alchohol and q-tips usually did the trick. Maybe try that in the future if you don't have a major infestation.

Back