What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species 2 back from the dead

Hi,
My BE Species 2 had flatly refused to root from cuttings for me and suffered two bad winters in a row. By January it was dieing and I had just the remaining weaker stem left for a final cutting. And it took- thankfully!
Will be kept indoors this winter to hopefully build up a bit of growth. This as yet un-named species/hybrid has now be lost from TC.

DSCF7592.jpg

DSCF7591.jpg

DSCF7588.jpg

cheers

bill

Oh that is gorgeous! Good job!

Nice, looks like it possibly could be a form of Nepenthes eustachya - which was previously thought of as "N. alata from Sumatra" and yours has sort of an N. alata look to it...

I had an N. eustachya "red and white" from about 2002-2006 but mine was more or less all white and not patterned and colorful like that. It did occasionally create a single "horn" like projection on the peristome right in the middle, varying from very noticeable to non-existent. It didn't appear on every pitcher, seems like I remember it only made that appendage on pitchers grown in the in the hottest summer weather.

Whatever it is, it looks good!

Very nice! I like the look of it. The red leaves are gorgeous.

Very nice pitchers. I like the foliage as well. Good job bringing it back. Not many make it past that point of no return. Lol.

Back