What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed-grown eymae hybrids

I love the green on the N. eymae x jacquelineae's peristome at the top of the page! It gets a lovely red hue too! :)

very nice dex. i hope there's a blending of traits from both parents. but i want the jacq and epphip traits to pop out more. i know unfortunately for plants like maxima x campanulata, the campanulata influence disappears as the plant gets larger. best of luck!

Yeah I share a similar sentiment. Campanulata seems to be a rather weak parent in some cases, and maybe the same can be said for jacquelineae? (izumae x jacquelineae, for example).

I just can't imagine the uppers on either of these crosses... Such high hopes!

I love the green on the N. eymae x jacquelineae's peristome at the top of the page! It gets a lovely red hue too! :)

Thanks! I am glad that is got a little red hue to it eventually.

There's so much potential in these hybrids. Definitely keep us updated.

DSCN6373.jpg

Your Utricularia humboldtii seems to be contaminated with a Nepenthes :D

Your Utricularia humboldtii seems to be contaminated with a Nepenthes :D

I just can't keep these darn Nepenthes out of everything! :-))

I was waiting for someone to comment on that. :lol:

Update time! Latest pitchers, definitely increasing steadily in size and growing relatively fast, these plants are pretty cool.

eymae x jacquelineae - I'm not a huge fan of the green peristome and it seems to be getting slightly proportionately small. We'll see if it keeps the trend. Still I like it a lot. :)

DSCN6665.jpg

DSCN6666.jpg

DSCN6667.jpg

eymae x ephippiata

I'm loving its gangly weird shaped pitchers (thanks ephippiata!) and its striped peristome.

DSCN6669.jpg

DSCN6670.jpg

No doubt some other folks picked up some of these? I'd like to see them. :)

My N. eymae x (x trusmadiensis) still hasn't done much yet. It grows very slowly, and is more picky about conditions. :scratch: It's forming a pitcher though! Anyone have a nice looking specimen of that cross?

My eymae x TM, it's definently not a quick grower but recently threw out this nice pitcher
100_3818.jpg

Hey Mike, thanks for sharing!

That's really interesting. :scratch: Is it just me or does that plant look almost exactly like eymae x ephippiata?

I was kind of thinking that too

I was kind of thinking that too

Not that eymae x (x trusmadiensis) wouldn't produce it, but keep an eye out for the under lid exudate as that could indicate it being of ephippiata heritage.

I mean yours looks exactly like mine. If they have different parents, I would be amazed. :0o:

Yeah now I want to see others eymae x TM to compare to mine

Here you go Mike, it's very small and doesn't look like much. But this is my eymae x trusmadiensis.

DSCN6692.jpg

DSCN6691.jpg

It actually looks like mine when I first got it, would you mind taking pics of the leaves? That may be helpful in determining what cross my plant is

As I was taking these pictures I realized that leaf structure might not make that big of a difference anyhow seeing as:

N. ephippiata is closely related to N. lowii, N. x trusmadiensis = N. lowii x macrophylla, and there is some speculation that N. macrophylla could represent an introgressed hybrid between N. lowii and N. edwardsiana.

So :lol: The leaves would probably more or less look the same, they definitely do in comparison between my own two plants of N. eymae x ephippiata and N. eymae x x trusmadiensis.

Anyway:

DSCN6700.jpg

The only difference I have seen is that the growth tip does not do much forming before leaving the previous leaf.

DSCN6701.jpg

I just don't know anymore!

Eymae just have to update this thread. . .

N. eymae x (x trusmadiensis)

DSCN6872.jpg

N. eymae x jacqulineae

DSCN6861.jpg

N eymae x ephippiata

DSCN6856.jpg

Bad pun, but it helps with pronunciation. N. eymae x jac is looking very interesting.

That is a nice trio, but the last one is my favorite, a real beauty.

Regards,

Christer

That is a nice trio, but the last one is my favorite, a real beauty.

Regards,

Christer

I agree Christer, definitely my favorite one! I've got nothing but high expectations for that one. :-D

Any recent picture?! :)

Nice, Dex, I hope my eymae x ephippiata starts putting out pitchers like that.

Back