What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: October 2011

Gorgeous Rob.
Yeah, you know me Rokosauros. ;) Can't get enough of the veitchii x lowii though.

IMG_7990.jpg

Thanks Mass. I think you got me beat with the veitchii x lowii, it's quite amazing :) Gotta love veitchii x's

On a completely sad note, my veitchii (k) died pretty much right after I got it. I think it was either in transit to long or something happened to it while it was in transit to me. The plant just completely dried out and died a very slow death. It never showed any growth and when I uprooted it, the root ball was huge, so I dont know what was wrong with it. Anyway, it's now happy in it's new home...the dump :p

I'm old enuff to enter now!
Spectabilis/Aristilochioides

:clap: YAY LARRY!

Looking great boxofrain :awesome:

wow, some beautiful pitchers, looks like a stiff competition

yeah, I finally got around to it...
I am using my waterproof camera for this (Pentax Optio W30)...not too much in the way of macro settings on this thing. But it is great for the kayak fishing pic's!

My N. x ventrata is almost ready! I wonder if it will stand up to the rest of the competition. Unless I can post a Nep that I babied at Meadowview. It's been 6 months since I started caring for it.

Unless I can post a Nep that I babied at Meadowview. It's been 6 months since I started caring for it.

8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.

And I don't care to split hairs here. So this isn't up for debate. Please.. PLEASE, don't say the owner has had this plant for 6 months prior to taking a photo of it, and submitting it as your own.

*sigh* ok, fine - here's the jamban for the month since nobody else has put one up :lol:

PA030006.jpg

Ah what the heck. This plant qualifies for the contest and I just took this pic a few days ago, so I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring with my feeble first-ever submission to POTM:

6261631287_eb185a3582_b.jpg

N. ventricosa x spectabilis "Giant" originating from BE

Nice vent x spec! Very nice spotting.

Darn, my little (after taking cuttings) ventrata is no match for these beauties.

Well since this opened earlier this month I figured I'd enter it...
100_3463.jpg

100_3461.jpg

Nepenthes Truncata 'pasian'

aristolochioides x (ventricosa red x talangensis)

aristolochioidesxventricosaxtalangensis.jpg

aristolochioidesxventricosaxtalangensis2.jpg

aristolochioidesxventricosaxtalangensis3.jpg

Wow what a bizarre and unique cross!

*sigh* ok, fine - here's the jamban for the month since nobody else has put one up :lol:

PA030006.jpg

wow! nice Jamban.
I may have to break open my piggy bank to acquire that one.:-(

wow! nice Jamban.

Dang Larry, too bad you didn't say something sooner. I just traded mine away for peanuts. I've had it forever, and I literally LOATHE the very core of those stupid looking toilet bowls.

The N. x ventrata opened a pitcher today. I'll have the camera ready tomorrow. Why not enter, even if it's a common Nep?

wow! nice Jamban.

Thanks :) it's actually struggling for reasons unknown to me, but it does put out a pitcher at a time now and then. If you have a friend that has one with basals, the basals and whole plant actually roots readily so you may not have to crack open the 'ol piggy bank.

Nothing unique or rare, but it hasn't done anything for me in months.

Nepenthes x ventrata

Finally by Wire Man, on Flickr

Back