What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting Flowering, my first

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Last August I received two upper cuttings from a female N. Mata Hari (splendiana x ventricosa). Over the last two months they have slowly been putting out new leaves and tiny roots. Because their roots are still tiny I have left them in their rooting pot and not potted them up seperatly in a more "normal and drier" media.

Well I guess nature couldn't wait. One of the girls is now putting out a flower spike. :D

So the cuttings are flowering? If they are why not cut the flowers off since its not that established of a cutting yet...On the side note, "Matahari" means sun in malay :)

I was going to suggest cutting off the flowers too. Pretty cool though.

I agree totally with cutting off the flower spike..will do so as soon as I've snapped a few pics tonight.

Hmmm....if my last remaining cutting of this survives, at least I know it's female now...very cool. :)

So the cuttings are flowering? If they are why not cut the flowers off since its not that established of a cutting yet...On the side note, "Matahari" means sun in malay :)

It's also the name of a famous Exotic Dancer/Spy.

Or literally means 'Eye of the Day'

Hmmm....if my last remaining cutting of this survives, at least I know it's female now...very cool. :)

Sunbelle had said they were off a female plant.

try rooting the flower stalk cant hurt

Back