What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats wrong with this pitcher?

dEsSiCaTa_UK

UNSC Sparten
So i got this pither labelled as an N.atlanta, although i think its a N.rafflesiana. Turns out they put two plants in there, so i seperated them and put one in a whip scorpion terrarium. The one in the terrarium is doing great, still no pitchers but its green and healthy looking. Although the one on the shelf is getting brown round the edges and such. I was thinking of putting it in the terrarium, but is it like this due to room conditions or is it some diesese that could harm the other one?

CIMG9155.jpg

you sure it wasn't a nep alata? Looks like it could use more humidity to me.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

also i'd throw a little fert at it as well...1/8 strength non urea based fert should do the deed

Thanks for the fast reply, it was labeled as N.atlanta but they never seem to label them right over there. All i know is one time i got one from there it turned out to be N.rafflesiana. This plant hasnt had any pitchers for months, but the old ones had spines up down the length of it.

I need to read up more on my pitchers, thanks for the fertilising tip, so far all i've been doing is watering them :/

Fert helps kinda jump start them. No traps do they can't do if themselves. And non urea because there is no soil to turn the urea into nitrogen. Plus can be harsh to roots. I agree with Mass. Humidity shock. Might cone around but if you can increase humidity.

Ok, i'll put it in the terrarium after all then, pretty humid in there.

Back