What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small orange spots, rust or paranoia?!

So I've noticed some tiny orange spots on the leaves of some of my plants... theyre only on older leaves, so I'm unsure if its rust fungus thing or not. Here's some pictures, the spots might be hard to see as theyre so small and my camera is ridiculously bad at close ups... Thanks for any advice!

IMG_2969.jpg

On the oldest leaf of the plant, the little pitcher remains from when I bought it 3 months ago.

IMG_2968.jpg

This is probably hard to see, but the middle leaf has a small spot on it along with the leaf middle right.

IMG_2971.jpg

The Ceph pitcher middle bottom seems to have small bits eaten away by orangeness, although this is the only pitcher with that and it has had it for a while and it hasn't spread across the plant.

There are also some on my N. Lowii but theyre too small to see in the pictures..

Thanks again for any advice whether it could be rust or not.

Not rust....most likely blemishes caused by light exposure. Rust fungus shows up as orange patches and "dust" on the undersides of the leaves.

Thats a load off my mind... thanks! Yet another lesson learnt from Exo

Back