What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

loooking for a possible hybrid

I am if anyone has crossed N. Hamata with N.lowii? I was looking at some of the photos from different threads and those are two plants that could make for a very interesting plant if crossed.

None of the great Nepenthes Hybridizers have publicly announced making or have released said cross. ;) I think that the N. hamata teeth wouldn't be expressed too well in a hybrid like that, because the peristome is more "complex" than the ridges of, say, N. macrophylla, which may be why N. hamata hybrids have such "pathetic" teeth compared to the parents. N. hamata is, however, pretty good for introducing lid hairs and/or spots and purple peristomes to their hybrids. :)

Last edited:
Yeah that would definitely be a cross worth making, but as far as I know it has not been done.

Leave it up to Exotica Plants to handle this situation....they'd probably cross male hamata with a female lowii. Who knows, they might have done it already! :)

Back