What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was actually thinking that recently, though I got the plant from someone who's a lot more experienced than me so I assumed his judgement was better than mine, I'll post some pictures of the whole plant tommorow. Thanks for the response!

Nice plants! I love the lowii.

Also the hitch hiker dew I would bet is D. capensis. But you'll find out when it gets older. Feed it, and it will grow much faster!

Thanks Dex! Tony, here's a picture of the whole plant, after a little internet search I think you're right that it's a Lowii x Boschiana.

IMG_3026.jpg

Christmas present of Spectabilis x Mira (also the red/pink moss)
IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

very nice.. my seed grown spec x mira is one of my favorite plants.

Great looking Neps!! I really like the Mimosa Pudica too:) I think Ill add it to my gigantic wish list lol;)

Most of my Neps have been loving the cool winter temperatures, however some of them have slowed down dramatically!

IMG_3214.jpg

Getting to the point where I've got no room left! Although I like how they're beginning to grow over each other now.

IMG_3217.jpg

Glabrata loving the cold temps and growing super-speed

IMG_3195.jpg

x Black Knight showing its Ramispina characteristics more as it gets older, sorry about the crappy picture but you get the idea!

IMG_3201.jpg

Spec x Mira, first pitcher in my care and already it's one of my favourites

IMG_3206.jpg

Lowii, growing very fast (relatively!)

IMG_3216.jpg

Inermis x Bongso, leaves are getting a bit burnt but the pitchers go nice and dark

IMG_3231.jpg

Lowii x Boschiana

Cephalotus!

IMG_3222.jpg

Side 1

IMG_3226.jpg

Side 2

Thanks for looking!

After the massive response to my last update I felt obliged to post more pictures :lol:

IMG_3282.jpg

'Black Knight' put out a biggy (for me anyway!)

IMG_3283.jpg

Awkwardly placed but nicely coloured Spectabilis x Mira

IMG_3285.jpg

Robcantleyi, really starting to show hints of mature pitchers

IMG_3281.jpg

Ceph repotted in a 2 litre plastic bottle and seeming happy

IMG_3276.jpg

Cobra Lily's first pitcher after waking up

IMG_3279.jpg

Binata awakened and speeding along

OOoh very nice plants and pictures!

Beautiful plants Tom.

looking real nice tom,that cantleyi looks nice and a bit different from some looks to have a more rolled back peristrome i wonder if its the age or they might be quite variable,i like the spec mira too ,nice when only young and with great things to come i recon,my plants slowed down loads aswell i think we both will be pleased with a bit more warmth and faster growth,got my first cobra the other week do you keep yours inside all year,

God I love that N. glabrata!

Thanks a lot guys!

looking real nice tom,that cantleyi looks nice and a bit different from some looks to have a more rolled back peristrome i wonder if its the age or they might be quite variable,i like the spec mira too ,nice when only young and with great things to come i recon,my plants slowed down loads aswell i think we both will be pleased with a bit more warmth and faster growth,got my first cobra the other week do you keep yours inside all year,
Thanks! I think some like the robcantleyi will start to grow much faster in when its hotter although i'm worried about the glabrata slowing/stopping to make pitchers.
I keep my cobra lily outside when it gets sunnier, it can get a bit dry as i forget about it occasionaly but I think the full sun is worth it, along with the nice reddening of pitchers.

What is your secret to the black knight? Mine is putting out a basal in the GH but doing absolutely nothing with pitchers. Getting high light and humifity.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Ante look awesome

They're coming along very nicely!

What is your secret to the black knight? Mine is putting out a basal in the GH but doing absolutely nothing with pitchers. Getting high light and humifity.
I really have no idea i'm afraid; its always seemed pretty bomb proof in my experience. My temperatures are 20-25C in the day and 10-13ish in the night and humidity stays at around 80% all the time, hope this helps in any way.

They're coming along very nicely!
Thanks!

IMG_3314.jpg

Spectabilis x Mira

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3318_1.jpg

Arrived on friday, Aristolochioides x Ventricosa (new from BE)
All the pitchers so far don't show any distinct characteristics although the developing ones are looking nice and hunchbacked!

IMG_3319_1.jpg

Also arrived on friday, Sibuyanensis

IMG_3323_1.jpg

Lowii

Love lowii!!!! Looking forward to a pitcher on mine. Thanks for the tease. Lol

can't wait for my SG spec x mira to start making some nicer peristomes. Very nice.

Spectabilis x Mira looks like candy with those stripes :D.

Back