What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: November 2011

PITCHER OF THE MONTH CONTEST November 2011

CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 11/30/11
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Any plant(s) that have finished in the top 3 may not be reentered again for the following 90 days.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 12/01/11, closing 12/07/11 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on Nov. 30th at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

N. veitchii K

IMG_8247.jpg

Last edited:
How do you counter a striped veitchiii? With another veitchii thats suffused with sufficient RED :jester:

025-1.jpg

N veitchii 'Hose Mountains' MT origin

Though I gotta say mass, that veitchii K is making me itchy for my veitchii bario to make its first pitcher....

That veitchii K is to die for....

Omg Trav. Wow lovely!

So is the other veitchii.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Trav I love all the ferns mixed in with your plants too. I do believe they help the neps grow. I remember in biology. It has been documented that ferns will attach at the roots with other plants and they will form a symbiotic relationship. Sharing sugars and nutrients fir the netter of both plants. I'm trying to get ferns started in my nep pots now.

why thank you. They actually just grow randomly out of the LFS. Couldn't stop them if I tried..

Suprisingly quiet here, so I'll make do with an update :grin:

contestpitcher.jpg

N veitchii 'Hose Mountains' on the right.

Try to ignore the massive pitcher on the left :lol:

It's kind of hard to ignore the veitchii when it can fit in the other pitcher.

Saw this little guy sitting in the moss in the back corner among the prolifera & the moss ....

N. tenuis
Ntenuis110811RS.jpg

Your tenuis is one of the most stunning pitchers on a tenuis plant I have ever seen!

Well grown RL7836!

Not a common plant at all! Very cool.

Looks the same as flava, jacq, and jamban IMO. Butt ugly little pooper pot.

i think tenuis is amazing....how large is that pitcher Ron, it appears to be even larger than mine! do you have any other shots of it?

Thanks for the comments (except Mass) :-O

i think tenuis is amazing....how large is that pitcher Ron, it appears to be even larger than mine! do you have any other shots of it?
Heck, I thought having my grubby paw in the pic would give you scale, :D the lid is almost exactly 1". It has been putting out pitchers around the same size for a year or so although much of the time, those long tendrils sneak in between two pots or burrow into the LFS so the pitcher is barely visible. Although I took a few shots, they were all from the same perspective - not a lot of leeway back there ... ???

.///.
Pretty sure this is my first time entering one of these because I've never had anything worthy...but um... introducing: Splendiana x (Rokko x Stenophylla)
DSCF9124.jpg
DSCF9122.jpg

DSCF9119.jpg
DSCF9117.jpg

DSCF9116.jpg

Green speckles and domed lids, ftw :love:

Yay liz has an entry! I saw you as the last post and my first thought was, hey where's your entry for once? And here it is! That's a cute little plant. And excellent tenuis Ron, love it.

Mass - shhh.

Aw why thank you Dex :blush:
Yeah it's taken forever for it to adapt to me, and on the last leaf, it spat out a pitcher maybe as tall as my thumbnail, and then on the next leaf, this! And I was like :0o: cause honestly, that's the biggest one I've ever grown, I think it's even bigger than the "big" x Gothica that I had :oops:

Saw this little guy sitting in the moss in the back corner among the prolifera & the moss ....

N. tenuis

OMG :drool: :love:. Hey, how's everything else doing? Haven't seen ya post plants pics in a while and I'm going through Ron-withdrawal :cry:

Did I just get shushed for not liking toilet bowls!?!?

Still think they're fugly.

Back