What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jacquelineae seed germination

The jacquelineae seeds I planted finally germinated.
I'm going to try fertilizing these on a regular basis so I don't have to wait forever for them to grow up.
Pics aren't to exciting but I needed to take some pics for reference and wanted to use my $3 macro lens thing I got on eBay.
The sphagnum looks kinda weird close up.
PICS

jacquelineae5.jpg

jacquelineae3.jpg

jacquelineae.jpg

jacquelineae4.jpg

jacquelineae2.jpg

Peace,
Zero

I'm at a loss for words...I dunno who you had to kill to get these things...but I wish you the best of luck at keeping these precious things alive. :-D

Not bad at all for a three buck lens! :boogie: Congrats on your seedlings! I mistook my inermis seedlings for weeds, and put the tray on "ignore". I only have two because of that.

Wow!! ...whats your growing technique for nepenthes seeds?

Very nice. :hail:

Keep me on the short list when these things grow up.

Where did you lay your hands on one of those! :( congratulations on your germination success!

N. jacquelinae seed was available on eBay for a short time recently. (Not saying thats where zero got his, of course) I have N. bongso seedlings that are producing their first true leaves right now!

when you say finally sprouted, how much time are we talking?

Very nice effort there! How long did your seeds take to germinate?

The seeds are sown on chopped LFS and covered with a humidity dome.
Temps around 75-80 day and 60 night. Temps will continue to drop down into the 50s at night with colder weather coming. They are in a grow tent in the basement.
They took about 30-40 days before I noticed them, but I only check once every week or so.
I've had some nep seeds take 2+ months, others less then a week to notice the first visible signs of germination under a magnifying glass.
I like the illusion of things happening faster when ignored with plants, if that makes any sense. I know I used to check all my plants a few times a day and wonder why everything took forever to grow.

Back