What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tribute to the great Nepenthes edwardsiana

I took a picture of one of my shadow-boxes of Nepenthes edwardsiana pitchers. This one has an upper and lower pitcher in it. Had to shoot this at an angle to avoid reflection off the glass

nepenthes-edwardsiana-lower-upper-shadow-box.jpg

Upper pitcher is probably 8" or so.

I approve.

Beautiful! I think you should seriously consider selling those. I would certainly buy it. :D

Absolutley amazing! Did you do the art? Are the pitchers from your plants?

So awesome!

:hail:

Wow, those are perfectly dried pitchers too.. Very well done.

Very cool!

Any hints on drying techniques? I dried a few N. hamata pitchers with desiccant but the teeth are a bit wrinkled...

Wow

O M G want it. That is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I have ever seen. :hail:

How do you dry the pitchers?

Tribute to the great N. Edwardsiana

Amen to that :hail:

Are those pitchers from your collection?

Fantastic!

I second Ron's request for your preservation techniques / hints. Been considering stuffing with cotton or pillow stuffing polyester to help retain it's shape before drying but I haven't got any worth drying to test it out on yet.

Great. Just great! Fantastique!

Do you use the dry freezing method? I find it preserves the shape of Nepenthes pitchers very very well for a long time.

N edwardsiana always remains my favourite pitcher plant of all partly because of its size and toothy peristome and partly because it has my namesake. Edward=Edwardsiana :lol:

For those interested, the NECPS meeting program for this month is considering methods of drying and preserving parts of plants. (12:30 PM this Saturday at the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center!)

haha. That's awesome. I'd love to have some art like that in the house.

I need to start doing a background with mine, but the layering effect I've been doing makes up for that. Did you make this? That seems like a complex pitcher to dry perfectly. I have trouble getting N. maxima pitchers to dry perfectly, so this is impressive.

Do you have any more?

Back