What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. singalana red ? orange?

uphwiz

jimmy
I'm not sure, it was a gift from someone here from a trade a year or so ago, i cut the main stem away and some is now rooting it again, these two basals are booming , going to be hard to decide but i think this one has to go too, still thinking .
can any one here tell me is it a orange or a red variety? ???

would you ? Keep ??.......:-(
IMG_4865.jpg
IMG_4864.jpg
IMG_4863.jpg

Almost looks like N. diatas to me. ??? I'm not seeing it as being pure singalana at any rate, but some others might want to chime in here.

WOW! Absolutely stunning. That's N. singalana 'Belirang' if I'm not mistaken. And I personally would most definitely keep it. I've only got N. singlana 'Tujuh' here, but would love to get 'Belirang' if your offering it.

I agree it looks like diatas. I would love it if your going to give one away.

I dunno, here's N. singalana 'Beilrang' courtesy of Sirkristoff -

DSC05465.jpg

And then N. diatas -

dsc033780.jpg

here is the vine that took soooooooooo long to root.
IMG_4018.jpg

And.. your offering to hook me up with it? :awesome: Yes.. no.. ???

Hmm... I'm still thinking that the shape of the pitchers, the peristome size and placement, the wings, just about everything except maybe the lid points to diatas. However, if it is the product of a really long vine cutting maybe those differences are due to that. I really don't know! It seems much too rotund and the peristome looks much too small to be N. singalana if you ask me.

maybe diatas x singalana?

It is not singalana Belirang mass. It is an older clone of singulana that BE released many years ago. The teeth is not as long as the Belirang form and it is squatter than the belirang.

huh.. didn't realize there was a 3rd clone. Learn something new everyday. :hail:

My noob is showing.

It is not singalana Belirang mass. It is an older clone of singulana that BE released many years ago. The teeth is not as long as the Belirang form and it is squatter than the belirang.

Now that is something that I could probably go with.

it could have come from a trade with Sirkristoff, but im not sure, love to know for sure, it did come from some one here with a great reputation , mabye wild bill cant remember his forum name, is wild biss right ?????

I used to grow a similar looking N. singalana, which I got from Wistuba. After seeing the "newer" forms from BE, I did think it looked different, with the more stocky pitchers. I don't recall ever seeing any location data for this one.

Regards,

Christer

Great looking plant in any case.

Back