What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. attenboroughii seeds start sprouting

Checked my lab today and found dozens of attenboroughii seeds sprouting :)
Here some of my fresh germinating seeds in TC.
Fingers crossed

the red shadows are no bacterial infection, these are the sahdows of my labels i use for the jars and tubes :)
Sorry for the bad picture quality, i dont use my macro objective very often

Very cool! I cant wait until they grow up.

I hope they all grow up to be healthy plants.

very jealous, and congrats! please keep us updated with your progress!

Oh man... you lucky dog. (luck's probably not got a lot to do with it, but still!)

Hope you can grow them up nice and big.

Awesome! I hope all goes well. I can't wait to see these put some size on them.

Oh wow, that's awesome, congrats! I hope they grow well!

Why are they covered in blood.

very cool nicly done , still hope my seed will arrive ???

@snapper: you got them too?

*enter in amph's generic rant over how the US is behind in EVERYTHING when it comes to acquisition of new carnivorous plant species*

best of luck to you too. :p

You can find attenboroughii in any grocery store or nursery in the uk. :lol:

H/L ok but a bit to far for me , but if you got the seed , would like some
J

What is the pinkish red substance?

Fantastic! I had heard that the species had been tissue cultured . . .

the red shadows are no bacterial infection, these are the sahdows of my labels i use for the jars and tubes :)
Sorry for the bad picture quality, i dont use my macro objective very often

Thanks all for the comments. Very nice.
Big bella. Yes there are 2 labs that have them in TC with the seedbatch from 2007. But they have a lot of trouble with multiplication
Talked yesterday to another person about them and he had the same problem 2007 like me that the seedlings died over night

That is awsome, i have tried to flash orchids and not had the best sucess with cleaning the seed well enough to prevent contamination how are you cleaning the seeds so that you do not get mold started off of the seeds into the culture media?
I know that sometimes the answer can be very long and detailed with tissue culturing so if a website would be easier that will be fine as well. I would really like to try starting nepenthese seeds this way as I have been having very poor luck with growing them on soil mixtures.

Ugh. VERY nice! I hope they all sprout and grow to big wonderful plants for you!!

Thanks for all the nice comments.
I have a few updates but no pictures right now.
Was in the lab today and checked all tubes and the attenboroughii forms I have(5 different) sprout like weed and seem to grow very quick. The tubes looks awesome and are full with plants. Guess they are hundreds :)

2 new nepenthes (spec c and spec anipahan)species also start sprouting in the lab and I'm very excited for this.
Cheers
Jens

Hi
made some quick shots today.
Heliamphora hybrid(forgot name right now :p )

some attenboroughii out of hundred seedlings :p

N. spec Anipahan

N. cecilae

upside down

Congratulations. The cultures look great!

Back