What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID, please

If I may, I'd like to ask for another ID. I got this plant years ago, and have lost the tag. Here are lower and upper pitchers. Grown Highland.

original.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Upper:

original.jpg

I want to say N. gracilis, but those are lowlanders. It's pretty, I can tell you that.

alata, I doubt, but thanks. Vey slow growin, and keeps the red line and pale color. Has survived light frosts. A pain in the butt, but it's been 6 years growing in my greenhouse.

I'd say Nepenthes rienwardtiana?
Grows in both HL and LL conditions
It comes in different colors, yours would be a green form

I would venture a guess of N. eustachya, it's generally pale like that, has the red ribs and red/yellow striped peristome.

I think swords is right. That looks like a perfect match.

I'm not sure. But those are both pretty much upper pitchers. :scratch:

Leaves are not correct for N. eustachya as well as some other differences in the pitcher shape. N. eustachya also doesn't do particularly well in highland conditions. N. reinwardtiana leaves are different also, and you can usually see eye spots although they are not always in every single pitcher.

I am with Dex, neither is a lower pitcher. The second pitcher is more intermediate than upper.
Leaves, stem, pitcher shape, color of the ribs on the upper pitcher etc all fit N. tobaica perfectly. What I find a bit puzzling though are the stripes on the peristome. I don't recall seeing any with stripes before..

Hi Tony!! It's been years!! That C. berteroniana you traded me has turned into about a dozen plants!! But I still don't see anything in the replies that fit my plant. I don't remember if I got them from M. tropicals, Westuba or someone else!!!

Sorry for being a pain, but I'd like to get this IDed. It's survived several frosts, if that helps.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

P.S., yes, the first pic is a lower pitcher.... After a half dozen years I should know!

Back