What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs in Media...Should I be Worried?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So while watering all the neps on my grow rack yesterday, I noticed a small (1mm-ish) brown bug scurry across some media (perlite/LFS). Upon closer inspection, I saw that these were in nearly all my pots since they are all next to each other.
should I be worried? I fee like bugs are gonna make a home anywhere...but are they detrimental?
If so, what do I need to do?
Thanks,
Kyle

i have black ones with wings that jump, your typical springtails so thats what they might be, do they jump at all and are you able to get a pic of them?

I think they did jump a bit while scurrying from my prodding...unfortunately I don't have a very good camera to catch such small BUGgers. Should springtails worry me at all?

no i wouldnt worry about them, they have fed my dews for me so which i like so i get to be lazy and most likely will feed your neps if they decide to jump in the pitchers

Back