What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: December 2011

EDIT: Ooops, broke an entry rule! Removed pic. :)

Last edited:
How long have you had this plant?

How long have you had this plant?

Oh... It probably has to flower in my possession, huh? Well it has another pitcher about to open. When it does I'll take a picture and post it. My bad.

Ah, rule #8.

Oh... It probably has to flower in my possession, huh? Well it has another pitcher about to open. When it does I'll take a picture and post it. My bad.

The plant itself needs to be owned by you for at least 6 months. Give the rules on page one a read through, remove/edit your post if necessary. Either way, we look forward to your future entries.

Merry Christmas! The pitcher has colored up a bit, I thought I'd share. :)

N. spectabilis x talangensis

DSCN6620.jpg

DSCN6625.jpg

DSCN6626.jpg

It's the most beautiful N. spectabilis x talangensis I've ever seen. What's the humidity level do you provide to it?

I think a better rule to replace #8 might be that the pitcher must have developed and opened under the person's care.

dex that is one sweet looking plant ,not seen one before

It's the most beautiful N. spectabilis x talangensis I've ever seen. What's the humidity level do you provide to it?

Thank you! It's between 60-100% depending on how often and vigorous I mist it.

I think a better rule to replace #8 might be that the pitcher must have developed and opened under the person's care.

That would be a sweet amendment. It would definitely open up a lot of pitcherbilities.

dex that is one sweet looking plant ,not seen one before

Thanks man! There appear to be not all that many of them I guess? ???

Eh....why not?......N.burbidgeae

Nburbidgeae_12-26-11.jpg

I completely agree with you.. but I was told NOT to change the rules when I picked this up. Vote on it? Democracy rules..

nice exo my burb is one of my favorite,i find it slow and i am lucky if it has two pitchers at once,how about you,by the way how tall is that picther and how old do you think your burb is,i might be doing something wrong

I will raise mr Kulamauiman 1 and play the reverse cross... N veitchii H/L x eymae, nice robust grower with long lasting, and beautiful traps...
will get a better pic with my cam next time i get up to my place where the neps are... this is a phone pic for now...
cfb4c85d.jpg

Just cut off the top of my veitchii HL x eymae. Needed to make some room for it's newest basal.. very nice.

Update!

Well I figured I'd post an update pic since its now almost purple!
100_3758.jpg

100_3759.jpg

here is a better pic of it, N. veitchii H/L x eymae
December272011Carnivores022.jpg

nice exo my burb is one of my favorite,i find it slow and i am lucky if it has two pitchers at once,how about you,by the way how tall is that picther and how old do you think your burb is,i might be doing something wrong

The pitcher shown is about 6in tall, and the plant has been in my care for about 3 years now. It was 4in when I got it, and now it is nearly 2ft.

you find it grows quick then i would say

I warned him his dreams would be crushed by the competition, but he wouldn't stop begging.

Meet, sibuyanensis!

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man love that tubby pitcher.

Back