What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Pics of Nepenthes Diatas

dionae

sarracenia lover
Does anyone have pics of this nepenthes that you're growing? Thanks!

Receiving mine tomorrow, but it'll probably be pretty tiny.. I'll still post some pics for you, though.

N.diatas, MT Dark red clone.
Ndiatas02_8-5-11.jpg

Thank you all very much!

My New Diatas

My new nepenthes. Does this plant look okay to you nep guys/gals???? Cost $15 and i'm just curious if you guys wouldve bought this for $15. Its about the size of a quarter...had a reference pic but noticed it had a competitors cup in the pic:blush:.

dscf4104s.jpg

Also bought a rafflesiana. It was on sale for $7.

dscf4105m.jpg

dscf4106r.jpg

That diatas is a pretty poor looking specimen for any price, IMO. I wouldn't be pleased if that's what I received for my $.

I saw a beautiful adult specimen at SNW recently, but I don't think I took a photo. I'll check.

Thats what I was thinking but havent bought many neps so wasnt sure. Live and learn, I guess:(.

Sorry, but I'd be pissed if that N. diatas showed up in my mail box and I'd try to get my money back or a replacement asap. FYI - another vendor currently has 4" plants for $18, and another one has the "Meadow form" $35 for 3". I'm not familiar with the species, so I don't know how they differ to warrant such a price range.

I saw on another forum where you got this from - it seems nobody has a positive story after dealing with these people and I'll certainly never order from them. The raff seems ok (just ok) for $7, but that diatas is unacceptable.

Oy, I purchased diatas from them too. They'll be arriving Thursday, and I'll post pictures then.

I hope you get a better looking plant fotr.

If mine somehow lives, and yours doesn't, I'll send cuttings as soon as I can take them. I hate being ripped off, and I hate seeing others get ripped off.

Sorry, but I'd be pissed if that N. diatas showed up in my mail box and I'd try to get my money back or a replacement asap. FYI - another vendor currently has 4" plants for $18, and another one has the "Meadow form" $35 for 3". I'm not familiar with the species, so I don't know how they differ to warrant such a price range.

I saw on another forum where you got this from - it seems nobody has a positive story after dealing with these people and I'll certainly never order from them. The raff seems ok (just ok) for $7, but that diatas is unacceptable.

Sad indeed

Regarding the two you see from other vendors... there is no difference. They are the same plants from BE

Same here fotr. if mine lives and yours doesnt i'll send you a cutting when I can.

Just contacted them about the plant. Hopefully, something gets worked out but I dont have my hopes up.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

I'm kind of crushed about this too. I just recently started collecting nepenthes again and this was the plant I was looking forward to the most. Guess i'll have to try another vendor.

Guess I should add, I didn't specifically look at the other vendors.. BUT N. diatas is only available from a few suppliers. BE, MT and AW. 95% of the plants on the market are BE plants. Most vendors will specify where they got their plants too. BE only has one N. diatas for a number of years now. WAY back when.. they did have 2 a forest and a meadow form. The mix of clones they have now are the meadow plants. (which are nicer imo)

That is an absolutely unacceptable plant to receive for any price. It looks like clear mite damage? or light deprivation? I can't even understand how any business could package that plant up and send it to one of their customers.

Did this nursery have the initials P F T?

I received an N. rajah from that nursery that looked about like that. Four months later it is still struggling to recover. Sometimes they ship fine plants, some times they send shabby stuff.

Yes it does. No response from them so far. Not really expecting one. Oh well, on the bright side I can get another one from another place that looks 10x better for just a few dollars more so i'm in good holiday spirits still. A shame they would send me a plant like that at Christmas time though:p.

Sometimes they ship fine plants, some times they send shabby stuff.
Wish I couldve been on the fine plants list:D.

Wish i could get my diatas to pitcher, had it for several years, grows quite ok, stands 0C with no probs, even grew a side shoot which rooted itself, but still no pitchers...

Back