What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
When I grow up, I'm going to marry Nepenthes campanulata. Just ask Exo :lol:

In any case, my conditions are too chilly for just straight-up N. campanulata so I grow its hybrids and omg :drool: they're pretty too! Here's some pics (not all recent - but definitely pretty)!

N. "Caladium" = maxima x campanulata
P2120046.jpg

P4040202.jpg

N. ((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii) x campanulata
P4070008.jpg

P7031459.jpg

P8120019.jpg

P8120025.jpg

P9230025.jpg

PA200025.jpg

PA230008.jpg

N. (lowii x veitchii) x campanulata
P5060001.jpg

P9250049.jpg

N. thorelii x campanulata
P5250001.jpg

P8150035.jpg

N. campanulata x maxima
P5230043.jpg

P8150048.jpg

PC090009.jpg

(when I first got it - I hope it flares more soon again!)

N. campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis)
P6251044.jpg

P7040004.jpg

P7040007.jpg

P8160001.jpg

N. boschiana x campanulata
P8160011.jpg

P8140004.jpg

N. truncata x campanulata
P8050003.jpg

N. "Hamakua" = (thorelii x spectabilis) x campanulata
P9210025.jpg

and I'm dubious this is actually a campy [N. campanulata] cross but pretty nonetheless - N. "Nephthys" = wrigleyana x campanulata supposedly
P8260022.jpg

either it was making darker pitchers in hawaii or I had two and lost one or something... last winter was rough
P1210011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a whole lotta campanulata! :lol:

They are growing on me...

Very nice post / pics ! Very coincidental that I recieved my first campanulata in the mail today, Nice timing on this post ! Mine is just a little 3 inch pot, not much there to give me a reason to dig my camera out.

Gonna love seeing pics of other's plant's though !
Dan

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I just re-read this post, are them all your plants :0o:

I have campanulata envy :drool:
Dan

might have to give campanulata a second try. my biggest mistake was putting it in the petiolaris tank, and assuming it was a true lowlander....now i know better. T.T

Great pics! I have a lowii x campy that I just love.

I love the campanulata x maxima! Such pretty colors and incredible shape. I need to get a N. campanulata, pure or hybrid. Their shape has grown on me.

That's crazy! I didn't even know there were that many campy hybrids! Well done!

My favourites are N. boschiana x campanulata, and maxima x campanulata.

I'd like to add one of my own that isn't listed here...N.carmen (spathulata x campanulata)
Ncarmen_8-22-11.jpg

Campy is just so dreamy :love:

Here is the origin of some of those plants in case you're wondering whence they came:
nephthys, hamakua, and caladium is from the same hybridizer, Sam Estes.

truncata x campanulata is an Exotica Plants (EP) cross, with potential for this -- http://www.exoticaplants.com.au/admin/uploads/truncxcampgreen.jpg
boschiana x campanulata apparently isn't too wide spread but it's an EP cross (no pics for it anywhere?! WOW)
thorelli x campanulata as well
(lowii x veitchii) x campanulata too -- http://www.exoticaplants.com.au/admin/uploads/big_lowxveitxcamp.jpg

campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) is a cross done by a private grower in the bay area I think (is it Mitchell? Anyone who knows who the daddy is, please speak up :lol:)

campanulata x maxima is an Andreas Wistuba cross/tc-clone (the only tc-clone campy cross I've got! the rest are SG..).

((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii) x campanulata is a Dean Cook cross - no pictures on cpphotofinder but mine :lol:

There are other plants out there with campanulata like xMenehune, which is ventricosa x campanulata but I didn't like it so much so afaik I think I sold it on the NASC auction this past year. And lowii x campanulata because I dislike lowii :lol: I also had a thorelli x (truncata x campanulata) but... why have two plants that are so close in parentage that look essentially the same? You gotta admit truncata x campanulata is a little on the boring side...

Thanks for the origins on of these plants ! I'm thinking I might of made a mistake going pure campanulata as hybrids are usually tougher. The reason I choose campanulata is for it's small compact size & growth characteristics, most of these hybrids are wanting to make it into a super size plant. I'm looking for a small nepenthes cross with campanulata. Maybe when my bellii grows up I will cross it with my campanulata. (yup I like to dream, lol, I know the odds of me having a female campanulata and a male bellii are as good as winning the lottery)

Great post Thez yo ! I'm loving this one as I just got my campanulata in the mail today !
Dan

Hybrids are usually tons easier and grow faster than just species even in the species' preferred temp range. I wish there was bellii x campanulata or argentii x campanulata :love:

You're welcome... must be campy-love week :)

Hybrids are usually tons easier and grow faster than just species even in the species' preferred temp range. I wish there was bellii x campanulata or argentii x campanulata :love:

You're welcome... must be campy-love week :)

argentii x campanulata :lol:

I would definitely get one, but what a disgruntled little wretch that thing would be.

love the spectabilis talangensis,do you know if this grows to be a large plant,i have a talangensis and it seems to be quite small,wondered if this was the case with this hybrid,if so dan d might like it,they all look fantastic thanks for the pics

love the spectabilis talangensis,do you know if this grows to be a large plant,i have a talangensis and it seems to be quite small,wondered if this was the case with this hybrid,if so dan d might like it,they all look fantastic thanks for the pics

Thanks, your giving me something to check out ! Off to do just that !

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Thanks, your giving me something to check out ! Off to do just that !

I am liking what I'm learning on that cross ! Now to try & find one ???

Thanks again thez_yo for the perfect timing of this post, I am just getting back into nepenthes and I am loving the Campanulata and your collection of them is awesome :drool:

Dan

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

must be campy-love week :)

Yes it is !

Last edited:
I like the N.campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) most; it's so squat.

Campanulatas make some great hybrids.:0o: Here are a few of mine:

lowii x campanulata #1
DSC_2514.JPG

lowii x campanulata #2
DSC_2497.JPG

Hamakua 'Ninole' ((thorelii x spectabilis) x campanulata)
DSC_2397.JPG

Ooooh you got one of *those* hamakuas? :drool: drooooooooooooooool

I have just recently became obsessed with this Nepenthes.. funny you should make a thread on it.. How hard are the straight campanulata to take care of compared to other lowlands?

Back