What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the parents of the nep

Just got this one -- my another big mouth nep :banana2:

Can you figure out its parents?:-D

Hints:
(1) Either of its parents is not in my growlist
(2) This hybrid is not in most people's growlist (also not in my current growlist)
(3) It seems that no people posted its picture before in this forum at least in recent 6 months.

IMG_6953.jpg

Last edited:
inermis x jacquelineae

Jamban x campanulata ! I don't know, but these are 2 nepenthes I have been studying lately and it sure looks like them with the big mouth tapered down to a small base. I'm probably way out in left field, but that's what I thought of when I saw it.
Dan

Some of you are close to the answer. Let me give you some hints:

(1) Either of its parents is not in my growlist
(2) This hybrid is not in most people's growlist (also not in my current growlist)
(3) It seems that no people posted its picture before in this forum at least in recent 6 months.

ventricosa x inermis or vice versa? ???

Natural hybrid? Jamban x dubia

hehe ,amphirion, you're right on its father.

It's (ventricosa x bellii) x dubia

Hmmm, the parents you say.... N. Mummy x Daddy? :D

lol... (ventricosa x belli)<---this is why i dont like id'ing complex species hybrids. they fudge up any chance of spot on ID at a glance. XD

Hmmm, the parents you say.... N. Mummy x Daddy? :D

Haha, I know my words are not correct. Just don't know what technical terms I should use :crazy:

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

lol... (ventricosa x belli)<---this is why i dont like id'ing complex species hybrids. they fudge up any chance of spot on ID at a glance. XD

But you are correct on one. That's enough. I don't expect people can figure out the (ventricosa x belli), but I believe people can figure out the dubia :boogie:

Hmmm....... Learning new stuff all the time here, never heard of nepenthes dubia, half these nepenthes were not available 10 years ago when I was seriously into growing them, heck Rokko was the new big hybrid back then.

That nepenthes dubia is very interesting, another small one that has my interest !
Dan

Oh - xDormouse? Mine are still suffering :lol: somehow they hate the cold despite the dubia parentage..

I have (ventricosa x belli) and it never looks good for me . have never seen nice adult pitchers so I would be out of the game eve though I have that hybrid....

still looks like jamban to me

Yes, I heard this hybrid is intermediate, cannot grow well when it is too cold. I am now growing it in the room, not outside.

Oh - xDormouse? Mine are still suffering :lol: somehow they hate the cold despite the dubia parentage..

Back