What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered myself a Nepenthes campanulata

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I was feeling bored and I was looking through all my favorites on the internet. Various car forums, movie news, etc. I got to my carnivorous plant folder and was searching various nurseries to see if anything new popped up. One American nursery I shop at alot had a Nepenthes campanulata for sale for only $39. In less than 3 minutes, I went ahead and ordered one. From what I've read, it's a small grower that likes warm and bright conditions (perfect in my terrarium).

So, anyone have any experience with campanulata? From what I've read, it's very easy to grow, but a little slow.

Yayyyy! I LOVE campanulata! Grow warm intermediate to lowland... but not like *sweltering dying of heatstroke* hot imho.

Yayyyy! I LOVE campanulata! Grow warm intermediate to lowland... but not like *sweltering dying of heatstroke* hot imho.

How about 85-90F? I've got a Nepenthes ampullaria, Heliamphora minor, and Cephalotus growing perfect in these conditions.

85-90 should be near the high end of it's temperature tolerance. should do alright.

Those are the temps my N. campanulata is in, with nights about 70*F, humidity is about 90%.

It's a small 2" diameter TC clone from Germany and currently has about 4 leaves only likes to retain one or two pitchers at a time. IIRC from my first one years ago it does hold more pitchers later as it ages. Some people say it's fast but slow for me, perhaps my lighting is too intense at such a close range 7" or so away from T5HOs...

What I posted in the "campanulata appreciation" thread...

The temperature range is 77F-92F. During the hot and dry months, the nights are mid 80s and days are above 90F. So 85-90F would be fine. I have N. ampullaria and Cephalotus in these conditions too.

N. campanulata pitcher at about 3.5".
nepenthes_campanulata_pitcher.jpg

There are two plants in the pot, with multiple offshoots.
nepenthes_campanulata_plants.jpg

There Cindy goes teasing me with them Campanulata pics again Lol
(I would love a cutting from her plant as I know it is a female campanulata)

I recieved mine last week, but it is only 2 - 3 inches across, I like everything I have been reading about them, mostly their small size for growing in a terrarium.

Dan

More teasing...

Latest shipment 'cos I am hoping for a boy. :crazy:

nepenthes_campanulata_pot1.jpg

nepenthes_campanulata_pot2.jpg

Cindy, I envy your climate.... The female is huge, so many growing points! I might have to get this species for the giant day gecko terrarium.

Very cool ! Now Cindy has a herd of campanulata ! I thought about doing that looking for a female campanulata, but my luck all the plants would be cloned from the same male parent plant !
Dan

my campanulata arrived earlier today. Already got it all potted up and everything.

If the cards are played correctly, my terrarium should be in it's final mode (no new plants, all the perfect plants for my specific terrarium, the correct light and reflectors, etc)

I will post some pictures on New Years Day after everything settles in.

Looking forward to seeing the pics !

What I posted in the "campanulata appreciation" thread...

The temperature range is 77F-92F. During the hot and dry months, the nights are mid 80s and days are above 90F. So 85-90F would be fine. I have N. ampullaria and Cephalotus in these conditions too.

N. campanulata pitcher at about 3.5".
nepenthes_campanulata_pitcher.jpg

There are two plants in the pot, with multiple offshoots.
nepenthes_campanulata_plants.jpg
Cindy,
Still growing those campanulatas?
I should receive my first one next week sometime!
Aloha,
Philip T.

Back