What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LF N. aristolochioides pollen

My N. aristolochioides has been confirmed as female and is currently receptive.

If anyone is aware of an owner of a male plant of this species, please PM me.

Why dont you try making a hybrid?

Wow a female aristo! :)

Any idea where it came from? Public vendor or private grower?

My BE aristos are only 3" in diameter so I can't help for a couple years yet...

check the other forums...there was a guy with a male that was giving pollen to a female aristo owner...

I heard Kulamauiman has a few neps in flower, maybe ask him?

See I'm personally a fan of pure species my self but there are a few hybrids, lowii x truncata and trusmadinesis hybrids that I have to love. I hope you can get some species pollen!

Hm... my male thor x aristo may have a few flowers left. Not a pure species, but I'd love to see this great hybrid backcrossed back into Aristo.

Why dont you try making a hybrid?
I think Amp covered this quite well - here & here (thanks! -- Cool Christmas Yeti btw!). Truly, if there was a reason or benefit to do this, I would consider it. Overall, I don't see a need to add a new mutt to the world ...

In addition, this is the first Nep bloom I've seen with literally one flower - very unlike the pics people regularly show with flowers all over the stalk.

Wow a female aristo! :)
Unlike the comments I periodically see from Nepenthes conspiracy folks, there appear to be many more females of this species than males. In my search, I've found a few females that are even in flower now (or very soon).

Any idea where it came from? Public vendor or private grower?
BE clone - don't know the specific number.

check the other forums...there was a guy with a male that was giving pollen to a female aristo owner...
I have searched & searched some more but have only located one reference to a male plant (& I've followed up w/ PMs). If you can re-locate this info (or any other info on males) let me know.

If anyone knows of a male, I am currently in the process of air-layering a hamata & a jamban - would be very interested in a trade ...

Last edited:
not me. no aristo here. ventricosa and vent hybrids. females maxima flowering now..... have a male ventricosa that might be on time to make hybrids....

try emailing some CP nurseries...some of them have HUGE collections

Dang good luck on finding that pollen and congrats on having a female in bloom, even if it's small.

Heli - the reason to make more seed grown aristolochioides would be so that less people buy from the scum on the ebay that poach this species.

true that... I hope you find a flowering male, good luck.

I've checked everywhere that I know. If someone is aware of a male - please PM or email me (doesn't have to be in bloom). Here's a pic of the flower:
Naristoflower122311.jpg

I wish you luck in your pollen search. Are those leaves surrounding the one flower or are they flowers too?

Back