What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queen of Hearts is a species in its own right!!

Wow!

I own a new and endangered species. 8|

Well, congratulations to Rob Cantley! (and my apologies for suggesting this might have been a marketing ploy!)Tthis is quite exciting to have these individuals recognized as a distinct species, and a bonus to get it named after you. Kudos to Dr. cheek for recognizing the subtle differences that suggested this was a previously unknown species. I'm sure everyone lucky enough to have one of the seedlings is thrilled with this news.

Paul

Very cool,Iam tempted to buy a couple more now.

strange i checked my usual cp nurserey he was advertising this plant yesterday and not today,maybe he needs to revise his prices,of course he may of sold out, glad i got one before they were famous

i believe i beat you to that C12 :p

i find ep post under rob cantley quite interesting,follow carnivour12 link

Very fascinating that it has been relegated/elevated to a new species indeed. I personally find that it is very different from the typical truncata plants. Heck...thankfully the two individual F1 generation hybrids that I bought also seem to be very different with each other. One looks like the queen, the other looks like the king. Not as colourful, but shapely. ;)

But yeah...I would be really interested to reading the actual article. Unfortunately my university doesn't have access to that journal. I hope we can somehow get a copy. I think this opens up a whole can of worms with N. alata and N. maxima group of species.

I always thought it looked too different to be a truncata.

Good point on the N. alata and maxima complexes. I think it's weird that there are no subspecies in the Nepenthes genus. I think the red form of alata we have at Meadowview might be a different species, or a subspecies. If only it were this easy to convince people of new Sarracenia species...... It's about time the ancestral form of rubra was named.

lol! its true.... heck....if u could do DNA analysis, I think we can split a lot of nepenthes/sarr varieties into new species.

Back