What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes muluensis, easier than expected.

a number of months ago i received my wistuba order, containing N. muluensis and N. tenuis.
surprisingly, despite the number of negative things i heard on muluensis being difficult to grow, it has not put up a single fuss, since unbagging and potting up, and through the acclimating process. Even now in my time of neglect on the plants, its continued to chug right along...
a couple of months ago, Zu sent me a few plants, one being a relatively unhappy muluensis (i of course understood that it would be a TLC plant, and sadly that plant did not survive)

However, here is a photo of my muluensis taken the other night...
December272011Carnivores035.jpg

Nice! My muluensis arrived injured from Wistuba and the growth tip just died recently while N. clipatea U didnt even break a sweat :cry: .

What kind of media ratio are you using?

this is one of the plants in a new mix im trying out...
equal parts of LFS/horticultural charcoal/orchid bark/and large chunk perlite....

my usual mix of consists of LFS/peat/perlite/sand/osmunda fiber/orchid bark

Sounds exactly like mine, minus the osmunda and perlite, which I substitute with pumice.

ive never tried using pumice as a soil additive so i could not vouch for its use....

Plant looks great though, Kris. Hopefully I will be obtaining one in the near future (forgot to add it to my last wistuba order).

Looking good!

I have that same red & green N. muluensis clone from Wistuba, seems to be a steady grower for me as well, mine is in a net pot of live sphagnum.

Looks great Sk. Been a while since we saw pics from you. Hows ur macro doing dude? I still seem to be having issues with BE macro. ALso...hows the tennis? I got a tenuis recently as well. A couple of days of excess humidity and low light made its growth point rot very early on. Now its finally growing well again...slow but steady.

The pitchers look crazy! Can't wait to see them all grown up. :)

Are those bottom leaves supposed to be a darker brown, or are they just old? I like the reddish stem! :)

Varun- the tenuis is doing great.... here are a couple of its recent traps
December272011Carnivores025.jpg

December272011Carnivores026.jpg

Pineapple - believe you are seeing older leaves man...
cant wait for it to grow up either TBH

Back