What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truncata, will it be OK?

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Well my new truncata lowland arrived today but when I opened the box I saw that the new leaf had broken off right near base. So what do you think? Should I give it a chance or just ask for a refund?

I would defiantly contact who ever you bought it from and inform them and take pictures. Just in case any problems arise you can be covered.

Should be fine though.. As long as it has a good root system it'll just pop out a new growth point. Sometimes more than one.

The plant (aside from the broken leaf) was in great condition so I guess I'll just see what happens!

Truncatas are pretty hardy so like Mass said it should be fine.. But just in case you should give the person you got it from a heads up

if it was just a leaf it will be fine, if its the whole growth point then contact the seller and let them know

Back